Chapter 8

A few minutes later, the both of them were sitting on the sofa with a cup of hot coffee.

"I guess you do remember i told you i was here in Metropolis because of my business?"

"Yes, you work at the Louvre, you are here because you have to attend a gala to be held at the Metropolis Museum of Arts and because you wanted a break"

"And that...yes...the gala is tonight. I will leave in half an hour."

Placing her empty cup on the table Diana went back into her room and shut the door behind her. Perci wondered what could she do. An idea popped in her head. She could do some research on this 'chosen' person while she wasn't at home. 

A few minutes later, Diana emerged from her room in a black dress. It was a bareback black gown that grazed the floor slightly and a platinum and diamond necklace around her neck. She had her hair tied in a loose low side bun and kohl lining her eyes. She was nearly unrecognizable. 

Perci accidentally blurted out the first thought that came to her mind after seeing her

"Wow...you are so loaded...you could be a billionaire for all i know...." Diana smirked slightly.

"My job pays well, also i have nearly a 100 years worth of savings."

Perci's expression turned from excited to emphatic as she processed what she just heard.

"..a 100 years...you're an immortal..." she said softly. Diana moved forward and picked her coat from the stand.

"..yes" she replies almost inaudibly 

"I...I'm sorry..."

Diana nodded while putting on her coat and picking up her Ferrari's keys.

"You have a Ferrari?" Perci replied to cover up the awkward silence between them. Diana gave her a lopsided grin. "Yep. And others. You can ride in it tomorrow if you wish."

"Are you serious?" She looked at her in disbelief. Diana nodded. 

"OF COURSE" she nearly jumped from the sofa. Diana chuckled. 

"Try not to burn the house. I'll be back by 11."

As soon as door clicked shut, Perci's strategic side took over. She had found out a new thing. This woman who was her apparent cousin, was immortal. Perci and the other demigods weren't. There was definitely something about her. Was that the reason her father had chosen her? Was she really a 'demigod' as she said?

It was time to find out.