Chapter 7

Perci felt energy coursing through her veins as Diana tied her hair in a bun. 

"Any weapons?"Diana asked.

"Just Riptide." Perci replied, pulling out her famous pen-sword and brushing her hand lightly over its blade. Diana too picked up a sword and stood in front of her, relaxed, but ready.

Perci nodded and Diana bent a little, one arm forward and the other pulled back, holding the sword, which was inches away from her cheek. Perci licked her lips and stood in a similar stance.

They circled each other for a few seconds until Diana lunged forward with inhuman speed. It fazed Perci for a second, bu she managed to hold out her sword in time. The sound of metal hitting metal rang in the training grounds.

Diana's face was devoid of any expression. Suddenly, Diana left their deadlock, ducked and swung her leg underneath Perci making her fall flat on her back. Diana got back up and offered her hand to Percy. She took it and got up, rubbing her back slightly.

"You focus too much on one thing. Keep your eyes and ears everywhere."

Perci nodded, feeling angry. She had practiced so much for this moment. And this lady here simply threw her on her backside in seconds. Moreover, what angered her was the fact that she wasn't wrong. 

"I know you are angry. Don't let your emotions take control. Harness them and use them to fight."

Perci charged forward with newfound rage, getting in  deadlock again. But this time, she tried to knee Diana on her side, missing narrowly, but enough to distract her for a second. Perci thrust her sword towards Diana's side. She avoided it, but not without getting a cut on her arm. They moved their blades again and pushed against each other, the force throwing them back.

Diana, still in battle posture glanced at the cut on her arm and smiled. "Impressive, Perci."

Perci felt a sense of warmth and pride in her heart.  

They lunged at each other again, swords clanging.  Perci pulled out one of her hands and tried to push Diana back, but she grabbed her hand and twisted it around and pinning it behind Perci's back, making her grimace. 

"That's enough for today. It's already six. I have to go out today. Also your eyes change when you are about to attack. Try fixing that." Diana said, leaving Perci's arm and walking to the stand and picking up a towel.

Perci was tired. She followed Diana back up to the house and sat on the sofa as Diana prepared coffee. "Where do you have to go today?"