Festival

The Courier was monitoring the Festival per Ozpin's order, as the festivities soon started, Huntsmen and people alike flocked to Vale to witness the tournament, the entire event was a perfect target for a terrorist attack, people, fear already rampant and an event that's being broadcasted all around the world.

As he heard earlier, White Fang activity has spiked, he could go after them himself but Ozpin and by extension Vinette had said no.

He looked to the person that was babysitting him, Qrow, he already looked drunk as he pulled his canteen from his coat and The Courier did too.

"A well placed bomb could take all this down." He said.

"What?" Asked Qrow

"I said a well placed bomb could take all of this down and cripple our ability to act."

"Atlas already has contingencies in place, they've placed heavy security around the area and the-"

"You know what I'm talking about, Qrow."

"Oh. You think we're compromised, a spy."

"Yeah, it's obvious you and your sister have been moving around too much, Ironwood's increased security and heightened W.F activity, the conditions are too good."

"You're sharp, You know that?" He said before taking a sip from his canteen.

"Yeah, sometimes it brings more harm than good to me."

The drunkard only gave him a half-drunk, confused look, before resuming his drink.

As he heard shouts and cheers from the Arena and announcements from Oobleck , and as he said his closing remarks, people came pouring out of the arena.

He looked to Qrow who was on his scroll answering a call, he waited for him to finish.

"Welp kid, it's clear that the Wizard needs me, it was fun chatting." He said before walking away.

"He hasn't changed much since I left." He said to himself
_________________________________________

"Our Goddess has given us her blessing, she has given word to move ahead with the plan." Stated Cinder.

"Finally." Said Mercury.

"After this, What's next?" Asked Carolyn.

"It's on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know." Said Emerald.

"What emerald here, means is that everything has been set backstage and what we need now is the curtains to rise, we have our places and what we should do, all that's needed of us, is to perform." Said Torchwick in his usual bravado. "And besides, it's a only a few horrible things to get what we want, unless... are you getting stage fright?"

"N-No." She stuttered.

"Good, you want to see the man you love again, right? That's your light at the end of the tunnel." He said.

"Easy for you to say."

"That's life kid, almost everything is easier said than done, as you'll excuse me, Neo and I are going to prepare for the big opening." He said as he nodded to neo sitting on top of a large crate with her usual grin, the click of heels and shoes accompanied them as they left.

"My light at the end of the tunnel?" She muttered to herself.

"Maybe we should cancel the Mount Glenn operation." Said Mercury.

"What? Why?"

"That distraction, is going to only cost us lives, resources and precious dust, It might work but- the terror and fear should attract all grimm in a 10 kilometer radius, and with that Courier guy, he hasn't joined us, he's suspicious, and if he-"