Domestic partnership

Chapter 9.

Domestic partnership.

Finished the lessons, Naberius walks towards the road that leads him to his quarters.

He has had to explain to his colleagues, especially Dali and the Headmaster that the priestess has camped in the vicinity of the spirit forest and that this is her penance until she regrows her arm.

At first some protested, he saved one of them by breaking the rules of their temple, an unfair punishment; but he replied that it is not their business; the headmaster also said the same, basically they are two different races with their doing even more different and that intruding on them never leads to anything good. So everyone is silent, even if they are worried all the same. Then he also faced the harassment of Robin the rookie who now knows everything; where he first cried all day, whimpering like a little girl and then insisted on seeing her. An idea that Kalego gave him a long lecture, of how he foolishly took off his amulet with protection just when he needed it and got screwed while he was going to school for lessons, putting his colleagues and all Babylus in trouble!

So in the end he too mute, but he gives him, insisting again, something to bring to the priestess to thank her.

Then he went to the prof. Orias where he showed him the found bracelet and asked him to examine it, which he will gladly do, so they have more information about their counterpart. So if he wants him back, he'll find an excuse that will shut his mouth.

And now, snorting, with a burden in one hand and his folder in the other, he has finally arrived at his destination.

From the outside it seems all right, then with a nod opens the door, where the usual calm reigns inside. The objects are in place, the bedroom intact; and now he's wondering if she is still alive.

And he finds her where he left her, on the ground, in that corner while sitting with her eyes closed. Where realizing that perhaps it is a kind of silent concentration, he lets her do it, noticing that she has read his note, because she sees it open; in fact it is called speaking because it is usually written with magic and therefore speaks with a voice through this, so she has read it and now Naberius is thinking with surprise:

"Wait, she opened it and read it, does that mean her immunity against occultism has weakened? Very interesting ... I left it purposely drenched in weak magic, to see what would happen ... and it is a beginner's mistake on her part to fall into this futile trap! But could it be that she did it on purpose? "

After all, he had promised himself not to underestimate her anymore, so he is indifferent and remains cautious.

After that, he goes to his bedroom, puts down the objects and changes.

After that, he returns to the living room, always in silence and respecting those who have respected the place where he lives; so he sits down and waits for her to finish drinking some wine.

In the meantime, he thinks that among all the women who have entered his life, but not his quarters, she is the only one who is not intrusive and noisy; instead he expected the opposite. Maybe he expected to surprise her while she rummaged in his drawers or in the bedroom, while she made a noise; but no, she is there where he left her. How strange, she found one of her, which perhaps he likes, however, on the other side of the trench. Good, since she will have to stay there for a few days.

Naberius is seriously re-evaluating that priestess who at first bothered him.

After he sees her open her eyes and finally she has noticed him presence and tells him:

"Welcome back to your house. I have read the note and thank you for letting me sleep ... it was really necessary."

Kalego thinks : "Did you read it? But please ... he purposely omitted that it opened with a spell. But I'll pass over and see what happens."