To protect.

Chapter 5

To protect.

A new day begins and Kalego is already ready to go out of his quarters, where closing the main door with the gesture of the index finger and reinforcing the barrier, he notices a strange glimmer that draws his attention to him. Approaching the back door, on the ground, he finds a pyramid-shaped object, white in color. He picks it up, observes it and thinks what it can be, but he doesn't find the solution; then reflecting with her eyes closed, he remembers the priestess who was there at his house last night and then realizes that the object belongs to her, also because it emanates a disgusting beneficial energy, annoying but not dangerous for him. With this he takes it and puts it in his pocket, sure that he will not touch it at all.

Then on foot he heads towards a secondary road, which few people know, even his colleagues.

He doesn't like the company of others; in fact he prefers to walk alone. The other time he was flying from his real home, not from here, so the road he took was longer and passable in some places, only in flight.

So, he gets to school much earlier than the students, avoiding that annoying crowd and in the teachers room, the others greet him, as he is of higher rank, including Dali to whom he asks:

"Where is the priestess?"

Dali: "She Unfortunately she hasn't arrived yet."

"Tz! You also allow yourself to delay!"

"Come on, come on, maybe that's how they use it and maybe they have to get used to the time zone, you'll see it will come."

She arrives, where the students look at her curiously and also amazed and whisper to each other, perhaps because Annabel is not wearing shoes, in fact she is walking barefoot on that floor which is so cold and also rough in some places.

Then she also arrives in the teaching room and Kalego is the first of her to see her saying:

"You are late!"

" I apologize... ."

She gives her steps in before the colleague starts eating her alive:

"See she came and then she was only ten demonic minutes late."

"Those who break the rules must be severely punished, even if they are outsiders!"

And he looks at her furiously.

Dali: "Come on, don't say that and don't worry, you won't be punished for real haha!"

"I'm sorry ... I had a little problem ...."

She says looking at her feet, where the other two are looking too and finally notice that she has no shoes.

Dali "But how strange, what happened Annabel? Did they steal them from you by chance?"

Kalego "Do you think you're witty?"

"No, but I'm on penance, because yesterday I came back late, outside the hours due to a mishap."

She says this looking at Kalego, who understands that it is the fact that she had gone to his house, but does not change expression.

Dali: "Oh dear ... seriously? Penance? That is, is it a punishment?"

Here is another question to get information, in a peaceful and almost innocent way. The blond demon is really smart, because he has noticed that by acting in this way she opens up a little at a time.

"In practice, with penance, I regret what I did and in this case, I will have to walk barefoot for the whole day and also reflect."

Dali: "Oooooh what a weird thing then and to me it sounds more like torture."