Chapter 12: All or nothing

Shelby's POV

I wake up feeling drained, I can't believe Tiana played me like that, like how could she do this to me after I treated her right. I shake my head at the thoughts, I need to get her out my head cause she want worth shit, I go to get up but I feel an arm around me, I look over to see Jania laying next to me with her arm over my chest and her leg resting on my waist. I smile at how adorable she looks and can't help but lay there do a bit longer and enjoy the moment, I could get used to this.

———-

I wake up to an empty bed and can't help but feel a little sad that she didn't wake me up or stay, I get up and go take my shower. I get out and get dressed to head to Empire, I head out of my room and down to the car and off we go.

I get to empire and immediately head to the studio till in grabbed by Vernon, "yo get the fuck off me I don't know who you grab in like that" I try to shake his arm off me but he doesn't budge, we get to the elevator and once it closes he lets me go, I adjust my jacket and stand away from him, I don't know what possessed him to do that stupid shut but he needs to get his sketchy ass away from me. The elevator opens and I go to my fathers office and say "Dad if you don't get to punk ass friends away from me, who does he think he is manhandling me like I'm some rat on the street" angrily, Luscious looks at me amused and says "I sent him to get you because I need to talk to you" I nod and walk to his desk, not before givin his little bitch a dirty look. Cookie told me all about Vernon and he strikes me as weird, I sit down and look at my father, he smiles and turns the iPad towards me to show me that the song I released yesterday with Jania was blowing up causing my eyes to widen and grab the IPad off the desk.

I look up and go to explain but my father interrupted me " that is the reason I had someone bring you up here.... I'm amazed" i lift my head confused as I look at Luscious, he has a bright smile on my face and gets up towards me as he puts his hands on my shoulders " that song is amazing and it has that fire, that Lyon fire that I knew you had" I smile and he kisses the top of my head and takes the IPad and sits back down. I look at him and say "it was about an ex of mine, but I changed it to being about Tiana, but I didn't do it alone" Luscious looks at me intrigued, " Jania helped, she was the other voice on the song" Luscious nods and smiles as he starts to think which worries me, I hope I didn't get Jania in trouble since she's just his assistant not one of his artist.

My father goes to get his computer but sees the an alert in his iPad, he looks at it and his face drops, he looks up at me as I look at him confused which his face soon changes to a neutral one. He turns the alert off and looks back at me "Shelby I want you to record with that fire all the time, as a matter of fact go record right now, I know you got some songs in there" I smile and nod as I get up and leave his office.

Luscious's POV

I watch Shelby leave as I just sit back in my chair, I feel a major cramp come in my stomach causing me to wince and stand up, I go to walk but it become hard and I just stand there in pain not realizing that Vernon walked back in my office, "yo Luscious you good" he says as he comes over and assists me I've ego the piano, I nod as the pain subsides and I let out a breath, "man I was just about to call you in here, we got trouble" he looks at me confused and says "What do you mean trouble" I sigh angrily and say " I got an alert from the house camera and motion sensor, Office walker was looking through my trash" Vernon instantly goes and locks the doors and turns the cameras off along with the sound, "Why would he be looking through your trash" I close my eyes and reply, "Bunkies death was ruled a homicide and I guess I'm a suspect" I laugh in frustration, I need a plan because with can't have them looking into me and figuring out what happened, Vernon looks at me as I continue " ima get his ass kicked off the force" Vernon looks at me like I'm stupid and says "that will only make you look my suspicious" I sigh and shake my head as I get up and walk around thinking, "did you do it" Vernon says in a serious voice, I look at him taken back but recover and say "man what are you talking about" he interrupts me and say "don't play stupid, did you kill Bunkie" I laugh remembering what Shelby told me as I look at Vernon " he knew Crystal man, he knew my daughter" Vernon looks at me and says " and that was a reason to kill him" I look at him angrily as the memories shoot through my head, " he hit her V, he hit Shelby and he's the reason Shelby is here now....... he's not the same Bunkie we knew" Vernon looks at me shocked as I continue, "I shot him....... now what are we gonna do"I sit down as Vernon processes what I said, "well first we need to beef up security but secondly, we need to make sure they don't ask Shelby anything or bring her in" I nod and say " I don't want her knowing yet, she's just getting  into the swing of things and she can't handle this" Vernon nods and goes over to the computer and deletes the security footage of this conversation and turns the cameras back on, he looks at me one more time before leaving. I sigh heavily as I sit in my chair and think of how I'm gonna get away with this.