Chapter six: Damn

Shelby's POV

Another day, another grind and oh boy it's a long one, I get up and stretch before I finally make my way to my bathroom and shower, I can't help but feel angry that I saw that bitch bunky, he didn't even recognize me, I saw it in his face and I could tell he has bee mooching off Luscious's for years, even if they were friends. I shrug it off and wash my body and get out to get dressed, as I walk out the bathroom I hear Cookie come in, that women is something else and I love it, I shake my head and get dressed for the day. As I do I see a picture of my mom, I can't believe it's almost been month since she left my life, it's crazy how fats everything is moving and how I am doing what she and I always wanted me to do, and that's achieve a music career, I smile knowing she's proud of me and that she's laughing at how my father has been acting.

I head downstairs and into the dinning room wheee I see Cookie  and my father having a discussion, they look at me as my father says " rise and shine superstar, you read to see your first music event ever" I roll my eyes  "I'm so excited to see a spoiled brat perform" I say sarcastically as I sit with them, Cookie looks to me and says " Shelby, baby, tell yo father how amazing a performance that has Hakeem and Jamal would be", I start to think and honestly it would be great, to be honest I would love to see it, I look to Luscious and he's shaking his head in disapproval, I lean bay in the chair and before I can say anything Anika walks in and says " Cookie you can talk as much mess as you want, but I have nine of empires top acts and none of them are gonna be there so... tonight is not about Jamal" I raise my eyebrow at her as cookie says "Excuse me, Sweetie, this is a family matter involving two of my sons and a family business that Luscious and I started with my 400,000" I look shocked as my father excuses himself and takes cookie with him to talk in the hallway as Ankia looks at them leave in shock, I can't believe what I'm hearing, guess cookie and I have something in common with Luscious and his sketchy ways, I continue to eat my breakfast as they talk, when I finish I get up and go in the hallway to where they are, they soon stop talking, I look I'm between them and say " ima head to the studio and record for the album" Luscious nods and I leave to the studio.

Time skip

I get to Empire  and I head towards the studio when I see that Hakeem and his friends are in there, I roll my eyes and come in, they look at me and one of them says " who are you and why are you walkin in here" I look him up and down and say " I'm a artist here and what do you do little boy" I stays quiet as I move past him and go leave a note for the engineer, I look up and see Hakeem just glaring at me, I roll my eyes but I spot a girl at the door and turn around, once I do I can't help but stare, she is gorgeous, she's a little short, long curly thick hair with a nice body, I loo around and everyone else is looking too, especially Hakeem, she looks slightly uncomfortable as Hakeem says " who you, what's up" she quickly backs up and says " wrong room" And rubs off as Hakeem say " you ain't go the wrong room". I just sit there stunned at how gorgeous she is like damn she's so fine, I look at one of hakeems friends and say " who was that" they look up and say " that's Tiana" i nod and just think, hmm Tiana, ima remember that, I soon look up and see Hakeem and his friends heading out the room and I follow them and we soon end up where Tiana went, she looks to be shooting a video, she's killing it with those dance moves, she looks amazing and her voice is great too, but it soon stops because Hakeem and his friends start catcalling her, I see it in her face that she's annoyed as she looks at the dumbasses that are taking up my studio time, I soon walk up to them and say " yo chill she filmin a video" they look at me and ignore me. "What are you doing here" Tiana says in an annoyed voice, one of Hakeems hype men says " Hakeem tell her your the prince of empire" as they all walk up to her like some penguins, I roll my eyes and move off to the side, not wanting to be associated with them, they walk up the the rest of the dancers, as Hakeem starts talking to Tiana, I tune him out because I just can't keep my eyes off her, Soon Hakeems friends leave and it's just us three, Hakeem looks at me and says " you too lost puppy" I laugh and respond with " I'm not one of your little dogs silver spoon" he scoffs and say " why you gotta be everywhere, I'm tryin to have time with my girl" I was about to say something when Tiana says " I'm not your girl and you need to leave" he shakes his head and says " you will be" as he bumps my shoulder and leaves, Tiana turns to me and says " who are you" I reach my hand out and say " I'm Shelby, I'm a little new here" she smiles and says " I'm Tiana"  as she shakes my hand, I feel tingles go up my arm as we touch, she looks at me and says " So how do you know silver spoon" as she makes hand quotes around silver spoon. I laugh and say " well I'm his half sister" she looks taken aback at that, I soon say " yea I'm Luscious Lyons daughter, wooooo" as I laugh and she smiles a bit, " well ima let you finish your set, I gotta go and record" I smile at her as she responds with " nice meeting you" I smile and nod as I walk out, she's definitely someone I want.