~23~

book coming to an end soonnnnnn
might be a sequel or just a new book probably a new book

-------

Dream reached for his phone with numb fingers and tried to unlock it but his face was unrecognizable. It could be the unstableness of the phone due to his hands shaking uncontrollably or the fact that his phone was shit. He couldn't call Phil, he needed Phil. Cold sweat dripped down his chin onto the pool forming on the tiles. He was terrified of what he could do without his consent. Clay was a monster only to himself. How could he let it get this bad? Why was he not smart enough to get help? Phil specifically told him to but guess what? He didn't listen. Being guided by irrational reasons and emotions was no way to make the correct decisions but he couldn't help it. Impulse is what he acted on. A teenager in an adult's body.

--------

(gogy pov)

"DREAM! DREAM OPEN THE DOOR! DON'T DO THIS TO ME AGAIN PLEASE! WHAT'S WRONG?" George was banging on the door to the point of his knuckles being bloody. He dropped onto his knees with a loud thump. "Please, open the door. Don't hurt yourself again. I- I can't handle this right now. Open it, your not in trouble. We can talk. Just the two of us. Just let me in," his words sounded defeated, desperate, he was drained. Drained of life, of voice, of worry. Only a strong want and need surged through unforgiving air. No one could breathe, no one could speak for a minute.

The door was unlocked slowly and everyone could hear it. "Dream!" George burst through the door to see Dream on the floor. From the looks of it, he struggled to unlock it. "Are you okay?" a stand byer gave Dream water and left the two alone. Ryan seemed to disappear at the moment, he probably did but that didn't matter to George right now. "What happened? What's wrong? Was it me?" harsh tears streamed down. How did he let this happen again? Like he let his mother die in the fight. Helpless and useless.

—————
(back to dream pog)

"No. No, it wasn't you," Dream weaved his numb fingers through the brunette's hair. It was if his fingers were rebirthed. They could feel the soft silky hair under its nails. Individual strands poking up and tickling his palm. He grabbed the side of his cheek and they locked eyes. "You did nothing wrong," brushing hair away from the tear stained cheeks. It only made more flow down into the same puddle of sweat.

"Dream, I love you," George looked weary but hopeful. His eyes twinkling from the arcade lights behind him. Blue, green, yellow, red illuminated the back of him.

"I love you too," Dream smiled and pulled in.

Dream could feel the light hitched breaths from George. They were close. Close enough to- "Dream? Can I?" George leaned in a centimeter.

Clay didn't respond. He just connected their lips. It was warm, a drug. So easily addicting, so easy to do. It felt like Clay was one whole. It was like he became something. He meant something, worth something. Their lips danced together smoothly it was harmonic. Neither ever wanted to depart.

————
547words
tips? crits?