-1-

hiiii!! this is my first story!!! all of the pictures here are most likely taken by me but it happens to not be i will give credit!!! i know that no one is going to read this but this is just for my own fun!! if literally anyone is here enjoy!! c: (fyi i will be calling Dream Clay and well you know... Dream.... im inconsistent af) uhh if u need anything or
wanna talk or something my discord is thing#3392
————
     Hints of vanilla and coffee filled Dream's nose as he walked into the warm café, the aura was practically putting him to sleep. The dim lights from the dangling bulbs and fake vines hugging the café walls made it all seem so whimsical. Raindrops blurred the glass outside and you could hear wind clashing at it yet, Clay felt at peace. His legs took him over to the counter of the new place to order something to drink.
     "Could I have today's special?" Clay asked the person in front of him.
     "What size?" the woman replied.
     "Medium please," he turned to take his wallet out of his pocket.
      "That will be $4.00 plea-"
      "BOOM!" the door flung open as if it was about to jump of its hinges. Clay flinched and turned around to see a small brunette man soaked from the hash rain out of breath.
"Im so sorry i'm late, I missed the bus twice!" the small man breathlessly blurted out. "Please don't tell the boss Niki," he begged.
"It's okay George your lucky I took today's afternoon shift. Come wash your hands and make this drink. I have to clock out Im going to my parent's for dinner," Niki rung up Clay's drink and handed him the receipt. "Have a good day sir."
"You too!" Clay replied.
"I'm so sorry, what was your drink?" the man in front of him asked.
Dream chuckled at the sight of him craning his head up. "A medium special," he resisted the temptation to stomp on him.
     "On it!"
      Oddly, the way the brunette said it was adorable. It was bubbly and full of confidence like a little kid even though he had just burst in panting. He was able to distinguish the features of the brunette now that he was much more still and close. George seemed to be very pale and British from what he knew about accents. A little petite and fragile man drowning in fabric. His hair started to fluff up from drying and his jaw was distinguished. When he squinted he saw little freckles scattered around his cheeks and nose with a light dust of pink. He looked like he started to realize he was being stared at and turned away slightly blushing softly.
     "Why are you staring at me?" the clearly shooken up man questioned.
     "Oh, sorry I just dazed out. I really need that coffee," he giggled.
      "Well," George handed the warm cup to him gently brushing his hand against the other's "here it is."
      "Thank you," Dream looked at his infectious smile and glimmering eyes, he couldn't help but grin back. He looked behind him to see the rain at full might and knew he would have to stay until it lightened, after all, he never brings an umbrella. He was simply to good for it.
     George seemed to know the man would have to stay and started some small talk. "I know, its crazy out there. I just ran through it. It was so traumatizing, I would't recommend it."   
     "I could speed run it but I'd rather stay here so my coffee doesn't get wet."
      "Sure, of course you could," he mocked sticking his tongue out.
"A bit cocky much? I wouldn't be so confident with a man double my height," Dream wheezed.
"You're just tall. Like REALLY tall," George pouted.
Clay rolled his eyes. "So your name is George? I heard the other girl say it."
"Yeah, George. What's your name? Or can I just call you slender man?"
Dream scoffed but had a huge goofy smile spread across his face "No, of course not."
He looked down straight into George's eyes and purposely lowered his voice, it was a bit raspy, "My name is Clay but you can call me Dream."
George gulped and timidly smiled. "Well hello there Dream."

——

640 words (short ik)