~18~

shadow reveal??

i wanna start a new story soon... not gonna abandon this one don't worry

__________

(Geroge pov)

George slowly strolled over to the edge of the cliff. The grass still reeked of morning dew and made his shoes damp. Skies big and blue reminded him of his childhood, well, the good parts. The parts where he sat by himself at a big welcoming tree placed lonely at the park. There sat a similar tree at the edge of the cliff. It was the same sky, opened up to the biggest dreams and possibilities a boy could imagine. An escape from his troubles and his family was a blessing. His home, George felt at home again. Safer than he ever felt, years ago when he would sleep at the tree to hide from his troubles at home, it held him. Safer than when he grew small flowers at the base of the trunk for his mother and when he took her to go see them. That one lonely tree at the cliff provided shade from the now bright sun. Birds flew in circles overhead chirping gleefully, they enjoyed this place as much as George did. As he got closer to the edge there was a small picnic blanket spread across the grass. One basket sat on top neatly. Was this for him? How did it get here? Is it just someone else's? He sat down anyways, patiently waiting for Dream to arrive.

___________

(Dream pov)

Phil, his best friend since childhood sat in front of him smiling. He was older but still had a kind gaze and a goofy grin. He got a hold of him, finally. The picnic at the top of the cliff was set by Phil, it was a small gesture. During lunch, he had gotten a text from Phil and explained the situation. Being the guy he was, he set up a little date instead of them having to stay there.

"So, Clay, how have you been? Hopefully not eating a bunch of Seven-eleven hot dogs," he joked.

"I'm defiantly better than how I was then. How have you been? Life treating you okay?" Dream wanted so badly to hug him. Phil deserved everything in the world and provoked from all of the terrors.

"Life has been great. Remember that girl I talked to you about when you were a kid?" he looked ecstatic.

"Yeah, Kristen?" a small nod helped him retrieve the memory.

"I married her. 10 years strong in fact! She is the most perfect being ever," Phil looked in awe.

Dream couldn't help but giggle, "I knew it! I told you!"

"You did Clay, you were very clever. More clever than me! I was young and stupid, to clouded to see what was in front of me," Phil looked like he was in another place. Probably his past.

"I'm still clever now Phil," he shook his head huffing sarcastically.

"You indeed are. Now go! Your little friend is waiting for you!" Phil pointed outside towards the cliff. "Guess what? I'm making a bet you will get married to him too. Just like you bet with Kristen," the man had a knowing expression.

"Thank you, Phil, you really are the best," Dream gave one last laugh as he left and began walking up the hill.

This place was where he went as a child. The big tree at the top was his favorite, it held all his good memories. He wanted to share his favorite thing with his favorite person.

"George," Clay had a soft voice admiring the calm boy in front of him.

"Dream" George smiled gently and patted a spot next to him.

It was a view of the city. It was beautiful, capturing the mass into one shape. It wasn't too far where you could barely see it but far enough to make out the octagon-like border. Seeing it this way was odd. When you're in the streets it feels endless, buildings towered over you intimidatingly like it's so much more than you. More than you could ever be, hence it being a successful place. Now it was small, easy to overlook but angelic enough to gaze at. Looking at the bigger picture is what it was. The whole area was quiet, a place just for them. A place that calmed them and at the same time united them as one more. One that held them together in a bond inconspicuously strong.

________

a bit short... long day...

738 words

tips? crits? not proof read that much sooo