Chapter Thirty Six: Bound

36

I've been so stressed out these past few days. My abuser is out on bail and I have no idea where he is. Chris has been working around the clock trying to get his bail overturned. He rehired Malcom and Mrs.Holland, he's had Malcom be my bodyguard. He stays with me all day at work, then brings me home to Chris.

I sit at the island in the kitchen with a cup of coffee in front of me. Mrs.Holland looks at me and says "Honey, you should eat."

"I'm to nervous to eat. Where's Chris?"

"Mr.Cerulli left early this morning. He told me to tell you good morning and that he'll see you after work."

"Did he say why he left so early?"

"Nope." She shakes her head "Must have an early meeting."

I nod and take a sip of my coffee. She looks at me "Thank you for freeing him." She touches my hand. "It was messy, but worth it."

I grin and she walks off to another room. I look at my phone on the island. I pick it up and I text Max. "Just checking in, I'm okay and I hope you're good. Love you."

I sigh and get up, I need to shower before work. I take my empty cup to the sink and wash it out. I head upstairs to Chris's room, I walk in and close the door behind me. I lock it and I go in his closet. He gave me a spot in the closet to hang my things. I pick out one of the dresses he likes. It's a navy blue short sleeve dress with a white Peter Pan collar. I walk out of the closet and go in the bathroom with it.

I hang it on a hook and I open the shower. I turn the water on, making sure it's on warm water. Chris usually likes the water boiling hot, every time I'm in the shower with him I have to make sure I'm away from the water. I come out of the bathroom and open the drawer he's letting me use. I take out a white lace thong with the matching bra. I go back in the bathroom and close the door behind me.

I take off my robe then step into the shower. I close the door then stand under the water. I really love his shower, I'd never used a rain shower till I met him. I let the water drench me then I start washing my hair and body.

After my legs are shaved and everything's clean, I shut the water off, I stand there for a second. What I wouldn't give to just not go to work and just go lay naked in his bed all day. I sigh to myself, no, I have bills to pay and clients to see. I get out of the shower and wrap myself up in a towel. I dry off and I start getting ready for work.

After putting my dress on, I come out of the bathroom. I hope my brought my white pumps, this dress would look so good with them. I kneel in the closet and I search for them. Luckily for me I brought them. I grab them then I put them on my feet. I get up and look at myself in the mirror. I pulled my hair up in a high ponytail and I did my makeup soft.

It's going to be hot today, I don't wanna wear anything to heavy. I grab my phone and purse, Malcom should be here any moment. I walk out of Chris's bedroom, shutting the door behind me. I hate leaving this place every morning, I love being here with him in the mornings. I swear I'm here more than I am at my own place.

I get downstairs and I see Malcom on the couch. He looks at me and stands up. "Ready when you are, Miss Montgomery."

"I'm good to go now."

"Yes ma'am." He walks to the elevator "Good to see you around again."

I smile at him "You too. He must really like us."

Malcom presses the button to the elevator and we wait. "Yeah, he must."

Malcom drops me off at work and he stays put outside. Chris is making him stay with me, he's been so worried that my foster dad is coming after me for ratting. I unlock my office door and walk in. After the weekend I'm hoping today'll be a calm day. I just wanna see my clients then go home. My phone buzzes in my purse, I take it out and I notice I have a message from Max.