Chapter Fifteen: Encounter

15

Ever since Mason broke into the apartment, I've been on edge. I've been waiting to start my self defense class. I finally get to go after work today, I've yet to tell Chris about it. I'm gonna tell him today at lunch, I can't see him minding it. It's only one evening a week, I'm sure he has plenty to do on the night I'm not with him.

I still can't believe he ended things with Alexandra, I've noticed she's called him a few times but he hasn't answered her calls. I keep thinking about last weekend, about how incredible it was. I don't think I've been with someone like Chris before. I look at the clock on my computer, counting the minutes till I can see him. We're having lunch in his office today, just for a little more privacy.

I decided to take my lunch at noon, I pack my things up then head out. I walk down the hall and I hear John say my name "Happy New Year, Charlotte." I stop walking then turn towards him "Hey, you too. How was your weekend?"

"Great, I went and saw that band. You know the one I invited you to see?"

I give him a pained smile, am I supposed to feel bad that I declined? "Oh? how was it?"

"Really fun, wish you could've come. Maybe next time?"

"Yeah, sure." I look down at my heels

"I don't have to ask you how your holiday was, I heard your boyfriends family threw a hell of a party. It was in the paper."

I narrow my eyes and smirk "I thought you said you didn't read the paper for gossip?"

"When I saw the name Cerulli, I couldn't resist. Since I know your seeing one of them now."

"Which reminds me, I'm running late to see him. I'll see you after lunch."

"Alright, I'll see you later. Have a nice lunch."

I smile then walk towards the exit, I get some chills on my arms. I don't know why though.

I walk down to Chris's building and I head inside, I made sure to dress nicely today. Mainly because I knew I was seeing him today and because, I was walking through his building. I atleast wanted to look like I kinda blended in. I wore a nice dress, heels, and a trenchcoat, I hope he likes it.

When I walk into the lobby, I head to the elevator. Chris told me to just head on up whenever I got here. I press the button on the elevator and wait for the doors to open. When they do, a bunch of people come out and head their directions. I step on to the elevator and head up to the tenth floor.

I look at myself in the mirror in the elevator. I have my hair up in a messy pony tail and my makeup is subtle today. I look at my dress and the front v-neckline is pretty deep. It's the same wrap dress I wore here before. I exit the elevator then head to his office, before walking in I knock on the large black doors.

"Come in." He tells me

I open the door and walk in, he looks at me and grins. "You look beautiful today. I like that dress on you."

"Thank you, it's recently become my favorite too." I walk over to him and sit on his glass desk.

He places one of his hands on my thigh, his fingers play with the hem of my dress, twisting the fabric around his fingers. "I ordered lunch for us already. Malcom went to go pick it up for us."

"Ooh. What's for lunch?"

"I got us veggie sandwiches from that deli up the street. I hope that's alright?"

"Yeah, it's perfect. Thank you. So there's something I wanna bring up with you. I wanna have Tuesday's off. I'm starting a self defense class after work today and it takes place on Tuesday's for about six weeks."