Chapter Twenty Nine: Fool

29

Ever since my Aunt got here, I feel like I belong somewhere. I love having her here, I've already told her I wanna go visit her soon in Texas. I'm bummed she's leaving tomorrow night. I decided to stay at my apartment tonight with her. Have a fun girls night, plus I wanted to go home for Max.

I feel horrible about his breakup, If anyone knows how to help him get over a cheating partner, it's me. My aunt told me that he's been in his room mostly. Tonight I'm planning on trying to cheer him up, I'm gonna buy some of his favorite beer and make him his favorite dinner. That usually does the trick.

When I woke up this morning, I roll over in to Chris. He looks over at me and says "You sure I'm not invited tonight?"

"It's a girls only party." I giggle

"Max gets to be there." He protests

"That's different, Max lives with me and he just went through a breakup. He's basically me almost a year ago."

"Hm, then what am I gonna do tonight?"

I bite my lip and shrug "I think last night was enough, don't you think?"

"I'll never get enough of you, you know that." He pecks my lips

"You're a busy man, I'm sure you'll find something to do."

He sighs "You're right, I have to workout with Mark tonight. I blew him off this morning again. I wanted to be with you."

"One day Mark's gonna get tired of me ruining your workout routine."

He shrugs "If he does, I'm sure he can go find another rich asshole to work out with. There's hundreds in this city."

I smile "You should just fire him and hire me, I'm doing most of the work anyway."

"We'd never get anything done."

"You're probably right." I pull the covers back and climb out of bed. "So what was that thing that came up last night?" I pull off my nightie and start getting ready for work.

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"Is everything okay?"

He gets out of bed and says "Yes, everything's fine. I'm gonna shower." He kisses my temple then goes to the bathroom. I go through my things and put on Chris's favorite dress that I own. My black long sleeve wrap dress with the white polkadots. I tie my dress closed then I go to the bathroom.

I see Chris in the shower, I walk over to the sink and I plug in my hair curler. I set it on the sink and turn it on. While I wait Chris turns the water off in the shower. He gets out and wraps a towel around his waist. I look at his hands and I smile when I notice his ring. I look down at mine and I get butterflies in my stomach. He leaves the bathroom and goes to get changed.

Once my hair and makeup are done, I leave the bathroom. I grab my black knee high boots and sit on the bed. I pull them on and Chris comes in wearing his all black suit. He looks at me "What's your day look like?"

"Not sure, I don't know what my Aunt wants to do. We'll probably do lunch, you should come!"

"I can't, I have meetings all afternoon. "

"Oh, okay. Maybe tomorrow."

"About your Aunt, when does she leave again?"

"Tomorrow night. I'm planning on visiting her soon. I need to find out my vacation days."

"Maybe..you should get to know her first. Wait a few months before flying out to see her."

"No, we've already lost so much time. We can get to know one another along the way."