Chapter 75

Mori pov

A fist collided with my jaw and I was knocked to the ground as the copper taste of blood filled my mouth. I didn't put it past her it was what I deserved.
"How dare you show your face around here?!"
I stay on the ground because I know her anger, she's desperate, lashing out in vain to find something to ease her pain.
"I hated what my mother did I came here to make things right, do what you must." I said.
I probably could've ended things quickly by saying I brought her daughter home but that wouldn't be fare to the mothers and fathers whose children are still gone because of the sins that I have committed.
"You coming here like this... letting me do this to you... it's insulting." She spat.
I saw her leg tense up it was clear she was going to kick me.
There was a knock on the door. Sarah's leg loosened and she turned towards the door and snapped her fingers.

Y/N pov

The door opened on its own and I saw Mori on the floor bleeding from his mouth, a fist shaped bruise already forming on his jawline.
"Sarah, what are you doing?!"
She seemed shocked by my standing up for Mori, she looked at me and then to the man on the floor and then once again back at me.
"Why are you surprised?" She asked.
"He didn't tell you?"
"Didn't tell me what?"
"He brought our daughter home!"
Sarah's stoic look melted and she looked as if she was going to cry.
"Wha-what?" She stammered.
"He's telling the truth, although I'm not able to say she's the same as you remember." Mori said.
Sarah stormed out of the room only stopping the grip my hand and drag me alongside her.
"Where is she?" She hissed.
"I didn't have anywhere to put her so she's in our room."
Sarah had taken on a completely different personality and the woman I loved was locked away inside of her. 
"What do you mean you didn't have anywhere to put her?! What happened to her room? I swear I look away for five seconds and everything falls apart again!"
Her claws dug into my wrist and I fought the urge to show my pain.
"Just trust me... please, Sarah..."
Her claws retracted and her grip became loose.
"I'm sorry... I don't know what's happening to me." She whispered.
I wrapped my free hand around her other hand and squeezed gently.
"I don't blame you, this whole thing was forced on you, I don't doubt that it's stressful."
She looked down.
"I don't even know what I am anymore, I might look like a Cheshire Cat but here I am as cold as something undead and as harsh as a dark elf, and not in a fun way."
"You'll be back to your old self soon, you'll win this war, we'll win this war."
Sarah looked up, her eyes damp.
"Thank you."

Sarah allowed me to walk without being dragged and after a few moments we were in front of the door. I gently opened the door and locked eyes with my daughter who was sitting up. She looked pale, both out of fear and out of weakness.
Sarah approached her and Loki recoiled her eyes wide. I could see cuts and scars on her pale skin. Whatever had happened to her, she must have grown up dealing with daily torment, a monster girl and a prisoner.
"Hey... you don't have to be scared of me... look." Sarah began in a gentle tone, she extended her paw and placed Loki's paw in it. Loki's paw was smaller, clearly much younger despite her mature look.
"The colors, they match." Sarah said.
The girl looked up to meet Sarah's gentle gaze.
Loki's eyes filled with tears.
"Mama." She whispered.
Sarah wrapped her arms around her and started to cry.
"Mama's here, little Loki."