Trapped Part 2 (Powerless)

Start from the beginning

"So, it's true," Krogan stated. "Astrid Hofferson has powers. You're the secret weapon." He said as they both circled each other.

"Congratulations, you figured it out," Astrid said, sarcastically, clapping three times.

"So, that was your plan? To lure me to a remote island, and kill me yourself?"

"Well, I had hoped that we could work together, but apparently you had other plans." Astrid chuckled as she picked up the arrow he had shot at her.

"I had to be sure that you were truly an ally." He assured. "It really was a marvelous plan. However, there's one thing you didn't count on."

Krogan whistled loudly, causing several hunters to emerge with the riders in their clutches, each with an axe to their throat. The dragons and their chief, all in dragon-proof cages.

Astrid gasped. "You set this up?"

"I knew your plan, right from the off."

Astrid spun on the spot to look around at her friends, stopping on Hiccup, before turning back to Krogan with anger in her eyes.

"HIM!" He pointed towards Hiccup, noticing that Astrid seemed most concerned for him. The hunter stepped forward with Hiccup in his grasp, his axe was so close to Hiccup's throat that, even swallowing would be fatal.

Astrid's eyes opened wide as she stared at Hiccup.

"KROGAN!" She cried.

"Oh don't worry. Their fate... lies in your hands."

"What do you want?!" She asked.

"I want your help." He explained.

"Wait, now you want my help?!"

"I have a mission, one that has already cost me several of my best hunters... Your powers may prove useful."

"DON'T DO IT, ASTRID!" Heather shouted before her mouth was covered by the hunter behind her.

Krogan smiled and snapped his fingers, causing the hunter to tighten his hold on Hiccup, the axe now slowly digging into his neck.

"HICCUP!" Stoick screamed.

"NO!" Astrid cried, as another hunter grabbed her from behind. "PLEASE...DON'T HURT HIM!"

Of course, she could have easily escaped. But, with not only Hiccup's life on the line but her family and friends also, she couldn't risk it.

Krogan chuckled, before giving an evil smolder in Astrid's direction.

Astrid looked over towards her boyfriend, to see small drops of blood dripping down his neck. As much as Hiccup wanted to scream at that moment, no sound came out. He winced in pain as a tear fell down his cheek.

"OKAY OKAY, YOU WIN..." Astrid cried. "LET THEM GO..." She looked at the ground then, back at Krogan. "...And I'll give you my powers!"

Krogan smiled and nodded. The hunters lowered their weapons but continued to hold the Vikings tight. Hiccup gasped for air, still in immense pain.

With her hands held in place behind her back, Astrid closed her eyes and slowly lowered her head.

"ASTRID, DON'T!" Heather screamed, but Astrid was blocking her out in order to focus.

She took a deep breath, focusing all her energy.

"Still think she knows what she's doing Hiccup?!" Snotlout shouted.

Krogan grimaced when 5 glowing lights appeared; Blue, Green, Yellow, White, and Red, and floated in his direction before covering him in a sparkling aura.

Astrid's eyes slowly opened as she looked up at him, breathing heavily.

"So, explain to me how this works!" He ordered, looking at his hands and balling his fists.

"You control... the elements." She explained, between deep breaths.

"You mean like..." He quickly opened his hand. "...FIRE!"

A small puff of smoke rose from his hand.

"Yeah, sorry Krogan... but it's not quite as simple as, think it and it shall appear." Astrid sighed.

He growled and held out his hand, facing the sky. He closed his eyes and after a few seconds, a ball of fire appeared in his hand. His eyes snapped open and he gave out a small chuckle and the hunters soon joined in the laughter.

"Well... This has gone better than I expected." Krogan cackled. "Now all that's left to do, is kill you all and take Berk and the dragons, for myself." He laughed. "And it's all thanks to you..."

***