One Shot 7 - Welcome Remy

So here is when Virgil and Logan adopted their little kitten Remy.

Virgil and Logan have just graduated college (so are 22/23)

Just a little short cuteness!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Virgil – 10:15
Honey where are you?

Virgil – 10:30
Is everything OK Sherlock?

Virgil – 10:40
Can you finish grocery shopping soon? I want cuddles.

Virgil lay on the sofa, calming his breaths and staring at the phone in his hand. To say he was panicking would be an understatement. He woke up quite early, just after 10am, to find his husband no-where to be seen. And it wasn't like he had a job to go to yet, he was starting his teaching job in September and it was only just August. It was lucky Virgil found a post-it note saying 'getting groceries' in Logan's handwriting otherwise he'd be spiralling into a panic attack.

He looked around the living room absentmindedly, sighing to himself. The world was too quiet without Logan, there was nothing to do. Every activity Virgil could do to entertain himself would just exasperate how lonely he was in his small but comfy two bedroom house.

When Virgil finally heard the doorbell he almost jumped, sprinting faster than he knew he could towards who could only be his husband. Logan was there carrying grocery bags in both hands, a wide smile on his face receiving a kiss from his husband. "What took you so long Lo? I was worried you got hurt or something." Virgil spoke quickly, automatically picking up a few bags to help. His eyes immediately went to a differently shaped black bag – but Virgil just assumed Logan might have gone book or clothes shopping too.

"I had a lot to shop for, I'm alright honey – You know how it's your birthday tomorrow?" Logan mumbled, being more careful with this specific black bag and placing it gently on the floor. Virgil nodded, raising an eyebrow as he emptied the groceries into the cupboards, fridge and freezer. "What's your opinion on early birthday presents?"

"Well, I'd prefer them on the day otherwise I get worried I'm a financial burden." Virgil answered honestly, he was glad he could talk about his anxieties with his husband – even the illogical ones. "Why? Did you get me something?" Virgil looked over to his husband again, who was now weirdly sitting on the floor in front of the black bag. His movements and voice seemed more gentle than usual.

"Yes, and it's not particularly something that can wait until tomorrow." Logan's voice quietly, he slowly opened the black bag by a zip with an even softer smile. "Can you come here baby?"

Virgil nodded and dropped the handful of food he held in his hand, slowly sitting opposite his husband and looking at him curiously for a moment before following his eyes and looking inside the bag. The bag was dark, Virgil could hardly see what was in it until he realised a small, moving, grey ball. Logan began to call the grey ball forward, speaking quietly to it, and then it became visible.

"Wait – you got me a cat?" Virgil said, his voice barely above a whisper as Logan carried the kitten onto his lap. The cat had the softest, fluffiest grey fur and the biggest grey-blue eyes Virgil had ever seen. Then the grey eyes eventually looked up at Virgil's face the cat meowed, and that was enough to break Virgil into a smile. "Aww... They're adorable. Are we keeping them?"

"I know how you always wanted a cat of your own, although this is our cat. The shelter called him Remy." Logan's smile still hadn't disappeared as he held him husband's hand, stroking the kitten with his free hand causing the fluff ball to settle.

"So this is our son?" Virgil chuckled. "Really Logan? We've just married and you've already adopted a kid?" He joked, his taunts leading into a kiss that he ever so enjoyed. He would never get enough of the warmth Logan brought into his life. "I shotgun Paps. You can get Dad." Virgil said again as they separated their lips, his hand still on his husband's cheek and a smile still wide on both of their faces. Remy meowed again to signify he was still there and played with Virgil's dangling hoodie string.

"Sure, I'll be Dad. Just as long as you never get rid of that adorable smile."