꧁༺ʍօʍ?༻꧂

꧁༺ƈɦǟքȶɛʀ 1༻꧂

꧁༺ʍօռɨ'ֆ քօʋ༻꧂

I heard slight sobbing in mom's room. Was she okay? No, she can't Moni, she can't be fine.

My father just went to prison for something he didn't do, and she lost her job. We're in the worst time of our lives right now.

Just then, mom walked out of her bedroom, tears in her eyes.

"Moni, pack your bags."

"What?!" I exclaim in surprise. Were we leaving to start anew? We financially can't!

Was she sending me away?

"Moni, my sweetheart, you know how we're in rough times, right?" I nodded.

"I can't afford much these days, I can't supply for the both of us, so I made a hard decision..."

The suspense was killing me, there was a small silence between us, but it felt like ages.

"I'm sending you away to stay with your aunt Caroline for the next few months until things get better. She lives in New York, and in an apartment. She has a job and gets paid well.

You'll be leaving tonight, as fast as possible."

I was shocked, but I knew this was the best. I may not know Aunt Caroline, but knowing from family meetups, she is referred to as 'nice', 'kind', and 'motherly'.

I nodded silently and walked to my room.

"I called Cara, telling her, she'll be there waiting for you tomorrow morning."

It's going to be a long trip.

Just overnight my life fell apart, but things could get better, hopefully for mom and me.

We live in Washington, so we're not really far.

I packed my bags, bringing anything of value to me along with clothes and anything useful.

I took my phone, charger, and power bank, making sure both were fully charged.

Then my scrapbook.

I was a scrapbook artist, and still am, but because of the financial difficulty, mom can't get me many materials right now, but I know for a fact that since Aunt Caroline lives well, then I can get back to scrapbooking.

Then my polaroid camera( again, making sure it is charged)

Then some clothes, which took me FOREVER because as a girl, choosing clothes for a trip IS SO DAMN HARD (I can confirm this SO BADLY)

Once that challenge was done, I checked for anything else.

Ah yes, my remaining scrapbook materials.

I picked up a small box that was organized into sections. One was glue, then stickers, markers, etc...

There wasn't much, but soon, it will be full again.

I then took an empty sketchpad and a few books to read.

I went downstairs and took a jacket.

(I'll show her design soon)

"I'm ready mom," I tell her, my voice was shaky.

I was excited for my new life, but guilty I would leave my own mother in a bad time in her life, I wanted to be there to support her, help her, but because of these damn things happening, it was like I was in the way.

But this was for the best, I respect her decision.

"Good. I will drive you to the train station, I manage to use up most of the money left in buying the train tickets for you." She says, giving me a peck on the forehead.

We walked to the car, but the ride was silent.

I listened to some music, chilling in the back, using the songs as a way to cope. And it worked. I was now excited for some new adventures, maybe new friends.

Because of our situation, I had to drop out of school, leaving all my friends.

And we had to move out of our neighborhood and into a new one, that looked a bit ruined.

Wasn't the best. I miss them dearly.

We arrived at the station, the announcer was saying which trains were leaving, and mine was one of them.

"Goodbye Moni, I'll miss you." Mom said, still crying.

Very small tears formed in my eyes. It's hard for me to cry, but when there are dire situations, I do.

I hug my mom tightly.

"I'll call you, but not too often, unfortunately." She said. "Now go, the train is leaving."

I turn to her and walk away.

I wish we could hug longer, grab a snack and reminisce about our old life, but the train HAD to come early.

I entered the car I was in and sat down in my respective seat.

I pull out my phone and play some music, lying down on the table, with my jacket used as a pillow.