꧁༺ʍօʍ?༻꧂

(you ready? here we go)

꧁༺ƈɦǟքȶɛʀ 20༻꧂

꧁༺քʊʄʄʏ'ֆ քօʋ༻꧂

I received another call from the hospital today. Wanting to see how my sister's doing, I pick up.

"Hello?"

"Ma'am, I have some very bad news for you..."

Oh no...

Please...

"Your sister passed away in her sleep last night."

My brain starts processing. It has to be a joke, right? But why would doctors, who are very professional at their work, joke about someone's death.

Then it has to be true...

"Miss?"

"I'm here, I'm here."

"I was told to inform you, I am very sorry for your loss..."

But where will she be buried"? If she's buried in Washington then no one will come, her friends back in her old neighborhood won't be aware, I don't have their number...her husband is in prison, he won't be let out. And we're here in New York. I don't think I can mentally go there, to my sister's funeral...Moni either.

"Thank you for telling me."

"Ma'am, would you like us to bury her?" The person on the other line asks.

"Yes please, but no one knows she's dead, so don't really expect someone to be there..."

"What about you miss?"

"I can't bear myself to see the grave of my sister, neither her daughter," I reply.

"Very well ma'am. I'll still send you the name of the cemetery and where it is."

"Thank you," I say, before hanging up.

Tears started to form in my eyes. Then the silent cries turned to sobs. Loud sobs.

I felt guilty. I could've given more money. Who cares about my career, it's my sister, it's family. I could've come instead and helped her.

"Puffy...?"

I look up and see Clay. With a look of worry in his eyes. Behind him was Harmonia, worried as well.

"W-what happened?" She asks.

"Moni...

I'm so, so sorry...

I should've sent more money, I should've been there for her..."

"Mom's gone...isn't she?" Harmonia asks, with a calm tone.

I nod in silence.

Dream gives me a hug, rubbing my back, comforting me, telling me that it was alright, that it happens, that it wasn't my fault. I silently gave in.

"Did you give her the illness? No. Then it wasn't your fault. The money wouldn't have done much, she'd still pass on sooner or later. We all feel guilty when someone we love goes away, but let me tell you, she's in a better place now. She suffered because her husband was in jail because she can't live a good life, because she couldn't help her daughter, because she couldn't help herself...because she didn't have any money. The pain is gone, she's resting in peace...She's happy now. And she wants you to be happy too..."

I hate to admit it, but Dream was right. I can't just cry away my life. My sister would want me to be happy and protect her daughter, give her what my sister couldn't. It was the main reason why Moni was here. I'm not going to give up. I'll make her proud.

I look at Dream's emerald eyes and nodded in determination. It was like my guilt disappeared, but I was still sad.

Now Harmonia...

Oh, Moni...

I stand up and walk towards my niece. She stood there, emotionless.

It was as if she expected it.

"I'm sorry." I give her a big hug.

"It's okay aunt Cara...It was bound to happen..."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Mom sounded so weak in her calls. There was no way she'd survive. And after hearing about dad's situation I expected that something bad would happen to her as well." She explains.

"I'm sorry about what happened Moni...I really am..."

"I-I know..." She stutters, finally showing an emotion: sadness. Tears fell down her face. "I just have to be strong with what will happen to dad..." Harmonia sobs before falling into my arms. We both sit down on the floor, silently sobbing, crying. Eventually, Dream joined in, giving the two of us a warm embrace.