Mrs. Mafia

•Arabella DiStefano•

I don't know how many hours have passed since they gave me the news. I'm not conscious of the things that I've done after, I don't remember getting back up and changing into this black dress, I don't remember putting on my heels. The only thing I do remember is grabbing his favorite black coat from the closet and putting it on so carefully, afraid of his scent disappearing.

Now I'm sitting in a car with his pillow pressed against my chest, on our way to the airport since these are the instructions he left if something ever happened to him. I can't believe I won't sleep with him anymore, I can't believe he won't make me laugh anymore...

I'm riding on my own, the family is in a car behind me since that's part of the instructions too.

"I'm sorry..." I sobbed caressing my belly "I'm so sorry baby..." he or she will grow up without a father.

When we got to the airport, I got out of the car and Mariano looked at me as if I was a piece of shattered glass "Arabella there's something else you should know..." he trailed off.

"What now?" I hid my face on the pillow.

His frown deepened "Your sister was in that car, Apollo was bringing her to you to fulfill his promise."

My soul broke.

I looked up at him, feeling dizzy "Viola can't be dead, she's just a little girl...she is going to have a better life than me!" I yelled in anger "VIOLA IS NOT DEAD!"

Mariano held me close as I pushed him away but eventually I gave up and let him hold me "I'm so sorry," his voice cracked "I promise I'm going to find whoever did this to you...I promise."

"I need to get to Rome," I whispered.

He nodded, pulling away from the hug "Everyone in this family will take care of you and the baby."

"Where are their bodies?" I asked not caring about what he just said.

Mariano sighed "They're about to be stolen from the morgue and first thing tomorrow they will be in Italy, don't worry, I will take care of everything."

I went up the stairs and into the private plane without saying a word, this is a bigger one since there's 10 of us. Mariano tried to tell me I should take the suite but I was already closing the door behind me, I laid on the bed hugging the pillow close to myself and thinking about what my life was going to be without him. We haven't been married that long but when you love someone you get used to it quickly. On my birthday I couldn't stand him, I couldn't stand the fact that he was going to be my husband but now there's nothing I want more.

Before the plane took off I came out of the room still with the pillow "I want everything sent to Rome, no one touches anything but Marcos and Emilia."

"Arabella we are about to take off, sit down," Minerva said softly.

I went back to the room and sat down on one of the seats, I looked at the empty one in front of me, Apollo always sat on that side "I love you..." I whispered before breaking down in tears. As soon as I get off the plane I'm gonna start making Apollo's wishes come true: I'm going to have my baby in Rome just like he wanted...everything will go as he wished and if it's a boy I'm naming him Apollo.

Two hours I was sitting on that seat, not wanting to move because my memories might fade; then Eva, Angela, and Allegra came in with a tray of food.

"Babe, you have to eat something," Eva said, putting the tray down on the table.

I shook my head "I'm not hungry."

"But you're pregnant," Angela said softly.

My gaze was still on the chair "We had an appointment with the OB tomorrow, we were going to find out the sex and then start the list of names..." I sniffled.