Mr. & Mrs. Out of the Blue

•Arabella DiStefano•

"Where would you like to go?" I asked Viktor as the take off of the plane brought me a pulling force that weighed on my shoulders.

He smiled weakly "I don't know but I would like to be in touch with you; you're different and that's odd these days."

My lips curved into a smile "Well, I know how to read a vibe, besides you came unarmed so it would've been dishonorable of me to have done so."

"A woman of honor at the top of the food chain," he said with a smile "it would be great if you stayed in charge after Apollo is back home."

A deep sigh left my mouth "Once I longed for this seat at the table and don't misunderstand me, I love being in charge but my parents didn't give me a nice upbringing so I want to make sure that my little babe has that. Sometimes I feel guilty for being such an advocate of how women should be in charge and now I'm one of those women but wish to step down to be a mother for now," my eyes fell down to my bump. "I'm not saying that women who do so are weak, quite the opposite but it makes me feel so stupid to have wished to be the King for so long and as soon as the crown is on my head, I wish to abdicate to dedicate myself to motherhood."

"You shouldn't feel ashamed. I'm sure Apollo will support you no matter what you choose, I've been told he deeply adores you," he said softly.

"Oh come on, don't pretend to know Apollo," Mariano scoffed and I gazed up at him, he was sitting across from me "What? It's the truth," he took a sip of his champagne.

"Mariano, I'm sure you're fully capable of delivering the truth in a tender way, Viktor is not our enemy, he is helping us find your beloved friend, my husband and the father of the heir so stop this quarrel or jump off the plane," I stated with a smile.

Mariano groaned "Fine but don't expect us to become friends."

"I don't have such high hopes for mafia men or men in general," I chuckled, glancing between the two, they had the same expression of surprise on their faces. "This flight is 6 hours and 35 minutes long so please stop your catfight and let's get to know each other," I took a sip of my orange juice "could you answer my initial question, Viktor?"

Viktor took his jacket off "Matteo loves Iceland and I've seen little cottages there, my looks wouldn't raise much suspicions since blue-eyed white boys are abundant over there and I could work at a restaurant or something; I don't care much for material things, just want to be happy once and for all."

"Then Iceland will be your residence, do you have a picture of Matteo?" I put my glass down and took a bite of my toast.

He nodded reaching for his phone in his pocket and as I waited my eyes diverted to Mariano who was staring at his watch but I doubt he's reading the time; he must be thinking about Allegra. I hope they get married soon, they were made for each other.

"Here," Viktor handed me his phone "that is Matteo Geremia. I went to meet their family and his sister, who is a photographer, took pictures of him for me...they were happy to see Matteo happy which is such a strange feeling for me; my mother has worked her ass off since my father died to make my life a living hell."