Bonus: A Human Heart (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Parfaite," she corrected me with her funny accent.

"Parfaite," I attempted to copy her accent and her movement with her hand.

"Parfaite," she tried again.

"Parfaite."

"That's more like it."

As we giggled to each other, ada appeared from behind us– ever the silent walker– making us both jump in surprise.

He chuckled. "The likeness between you two grows uncanny with time," he said with a mischievous tone, then he looked at me appreciatively through my mirror and beamed. "You look very beautiful, Caladwen."

"Thank you, Ada. But we talked about this," I said with a bit of frustration. "You mustn't walk in my room without announcing yourself. Will you knock next time?"

"Pardon me, iell nin (my daughter)," he said as we locked eyes through my mirror. He leaned down to give me a kiss on top of my head, just like naneth did earlier, and I couldn't keep my act on being angry with him for startling me for a hundreth time. "...But in my defense, the door was open."

"Seriously?" I pouted at his excuse. Naneth rolled her eyes at him.

This time, ada did a once over at naneth, as if looking at her for the first time, and gave her a meaningful smile to her that only naneth, him and Eru knew what it meant. "Aren't you a sight to the sore eyes. You look magnificent, meleth nin."

I didn't realize the dreamy smile that had plastered all over my face as I watched my parents interact with each other. I rested my elbow on my vanity, and my chin on my right hand as I watched through the mirror how ada took naneth's hand and twirled her as if in a dance to inspect her dress at complete angle. At the end of the twirl, he pulled her into an embrace that managed to make naneth blush like a young girl.

A twinge of longing passed through me at the sight of my parents. I wonder if someday I would have that kind of love like what they had.

"How can we help you, ada? Surely you're not just here to woo innocent ladies into your arms?" teased naneth.

"There is nothing innocent about you," he accused her seriously, making naneth giggle, then he turned to me, "And I don't have time wooing anyone because Caladwen makes me busy scaring away stupid ellyn trying to woo her."

"You're so mean, Legolas," naneth shook her head in amusement.

"Yeah no wonder I'm still single," I mumbled.

Ada gave me a look, silently telling me that he heard that. I grinned at him.

"Actually I'm here to have a word with your naneth," he smiled at her, then at me through the mirror.

I shrugged. "Alright. I know when I'm not wanted even in my own room," I sighed dramatically and got up from my seat. "I have handsome ellyn to meet at the feast anyway."

Before ada could protest, I already strolled out of my room, giggling to myself. I walked towards the waiting room behind the royal dining hall where the royals were usually waiting to be announced into the feast.

Asher was already dressed in a fine emerald colored silk tunic, and was conversing animatedly with Queen Arwen and the twins while grandpa was talking quietly with King Elessar in the background. When grandpa's eyes caught mine, I saw how his eyes softened and a fond smile gracing his expression.

"You look lovely, my dear," he praised before adding, "But as I remember that dress come with a corsage? It would complete the look."

I felt my wrist and found that I haven't worn it. Such attention to detail. "Right. I left it on my vanity. I'll be back in a moment."