Chapter 33: Strike 1

Start from the beginning

I sat up in bed quickly. My breathing pace had increased and my face was all sweaty.  It was just a dream. Just a dream. I looked at the clock on the wall. 3:18 am.

"Hey, are you okay?" Dean asked rubbing my back.

"Yeah," I replied wiping the sweat off my face. "What happened?"

"You were crying in your sleep. And it scared me so I tried waking you up but you started to cry more." He replied.

I let out a breath. The dream felt so realistic. The way Dean layed lifeless on the ground....tears started to form in my eyes.

"Bad dream?" Dean asked wiping away my tears. All I could do was nod. Words couldn't escape my mouth. My throat was tied up in a knot.

"Come here." Dean sat up, leaning against the head board. He picked me up and placed me on his lap, holding me close. I wrapped my arms around his body, not wanting to let go.

"Do you wanna talk about it? Talking about it usually helps you feel better." He said.

"I don't know. Its felt so realistic though." I said into his chest.

"Come on. It can't be that bad."

"Wanna bet?"

Dean chuckled as he squeezed me tightly.

I sighed. "I had a dream about you. And The Authority."

"What happened?"

"They wanted me to join them. Join The Authority. But I refused. And you payed the price because of that. Kane, Orton, and Big Show were all ganging up on you and beating you up." I said.

"Then Kane tombstoned you on the steel steps. You were laying on the floor, barely breathing. It's like you died." By then tears were streaming down my face non stop.

Dean rubbed my back, and placed numerous kisses on my head.

"Hey, its okay.It's gonna take more than tombstoning my head to get rid of me." He said with a laugh.

"Dean, it's not funny." I said. I, myself, was trying to hide the small smile that was forming on my face.

"Even when you're upset, I could still find a way to make you smile." Dean said.

"You always make me smile." I said looking up at him.

Dean leaned down and kissed me passionately. We pulled back and I smiled up at him.

"Let's get some sleep." Dean said. I nodded and snuggled up next to him.

Later -At the Arena-

We were all sitting at a table together, chatting and stuff. The usual.

"Steph wants to see you in her office." Nikki said approaching me. She gave me a saddened look.

"What happened?" I asked. "What's wrong with your face?"

"Nothing." She replied looking away. "She just needs you in her office." And with that, Nikki sprinted away.

I sighed and made my way to Stephanie.
What does she want now? Her door was wide open so I just walked in.

"Oh Ava. Glad that you made it. Have a seat." Steph greeted.

I rolled my eyes and sat down. "What do you want this time?"

"Oh I just wanted to tell you that you have a match tonight. Against your sister." She replied smirking.

"What?! You can't do that. That's not fair." I protested.

"Actually I can." Stephanie said. "I mean you've faced her before. That's how you won your first championship. Remember?"