Part 44

Clarke POV:

She laid next to me and her emerald green eyes looked up at me. We were face to face, so close.

"Good night Clarke," she said in a whisper before placing her hand on my chin and pulling my face into a soft kiss. I followed her movements before she pulled away slowly.

"Good night Lexa," I said back. She smiled and turned around to go to sleep.

I sat up for a little while with my eyes wide open, not daring to close or else my thoughts will take over my head. But it seems it's too late.

Did that really just happen? Did she really just kiss me? Did I kiss her back? What the hell is going on? I asked myself over and over again as I looked at the back of the girl laying in bed next to me.

She did. I did. I said to myself before I laid my head down to relax.

My mind still flooding with thoughts, almost too much to make me go to bed but I shut it off and went to sleep that was dragging me down.

I was woken up in the middle of the night by Lexa mumbling in her sleep. Shit. I didn't tie her hands up.

What do I do? My mind started racing. If I wake her up she will attack me but if I don't, she will be living out her worst nightmare. I was debating what to do when I heard her say "Clarke," under her breath and

I looked over and she was shaking and I could see her eyes moving under her eyelids. Her face became shiny in the moonlight from a layer of sweat forming on her skin.

I had to take my chances. I couldn't let her live out her worst fear so I decided to wake her up but I did I did know how.

I placed my hands gently on her cheek. It took a moment for her eyes to open but they did and I knew they weren't the same.

"It's ok," I said and without thinking I pressed my lips on hers very gently. I felt the anger pass through her lips like she was giving it all to me, like she was letting go of it all in that moment.

I felt her slow down and kiss me again. I pulled away and when I did, I looked into her dangerously beautiful green eyes.

I scanned her face and her eyes to find the familiarity of her normal self looking back at me. Her eyes were no longer cold or dark but bright and filled with love like they always were.

My eyes moved down to her lips that were curving upwards and I knew 1000 percent that she was back.

"I have to say, that is the best way to wake up," She joked in her sleepy voice and I laughed.

I moved off of her and sat next to her on the bed. "It happened again?" I asked, not really as a question because we both knew it did.

"Yeah, it did," she said as her face fell back solemnly. "I can't take much more of this," she said as she put her face in her hands and sat up on the bed next to me.

"What happened this time?" I asked her hesitantly because I knew there was a chance she wouldn't answer and she continued to rub her head more.

"Uh..." she said as she paused. "It was bad. It was like I was replaying the moment before I left town again. I was at home and he was uh- hitting me repeatedly. I remember the pain and the blood and I was about to black out but then he mentioned you." She said as her eyes looked up at me and I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"He said he was going to hurt you, hurt you the way I hurt him." She said as her voice was cracking as she spoke. It broke my heart to hear her speak.

"I killed my mom Clarke, which means that he wanted to kill you to bring me the same pain and I couldn't- I couldn't let that happen. I don't think I could survive without you so I got up and ran to the door but when I opened it to leave, and then you were kissing me," she said as tears escaped from her eyes.