Part 15

Clarke POV:

I was looking into Lexa's green eyes, the sun shining on her made her look like an angel. She started to lean forward and I followed her motions. We were almost there until someone called "LEXA!?"

Both our heads shot away from each other, scanning the beach for the voice that had called out. Until our gaze rested upon a curly headed girl walking towards us.

"Luna?" Lexa said, getting up and running over to the girl, swooping her up in a hug. I couldn't help but feel jealous. I wish I didn't. Why was I feeling jealous, it's not like I was with Lexa. It's not like I wanted to be with her right? WAIT WAIT. My inner monologue was freaking out right now. Were we about to kiss? Lexa was about to kiss me right? I'm not making that up? I was about to kiss her?

Still freaking out internally, I saw Lexa bringing the girl she called Luna towards me. "Hey Clarke this is Luna, Luna this is Clarke." We exchanged awkward glances and smiles before Lexa continued. "Clarke goes to school with me and Luna and I basically grew up together before she moved away."

"So Luna, what brings you back to Polis." I said trying to make conversation. "Well, I grew up here and my dad was transferred to a place called Floukru, and now he has moved back, for good." She said excitedly.

"Wait really?" Lexa asked excitedly back. "Yeah, I will be going to school with you." Luna told her before bringing her into another hug. As they did that, my stomach turned again. Jealousy. Ew. I had nothing to be jealous of but I couldn't help it, I had never seen Lexa this happy and carefree.

"Wait Luna, what are you doing here, at the beach, in the middle of the day, on Thursday?" Lexa asked, pulling away. "Well I could say the same for you but I start school tomorrow, and I came to the beach right away. You know I always loved the water, I thought I would get used to it since I'm staying, your turn." Lexa looked at me cause she wasn't exactly sure what to say. "Um, my dad, he uh- happened again so I decided to skip school today."

Wait did that happen, did she just tell Luna about her dad? I basically had to force it out of her after I walked in on her so she had to tell me. "Hey I'm sorry Lex," Luna said, bringing her into another hug. Dang she was touchy and my stomach, you guessed it, did another loop.

"Hey Lexa, I have to go back now, but I will see you tomorrow okay?" Luna said before walking away. Only until Luna was completely gone, did my muscles relax again. Lexa sat back down next to me. "Lexa, does she know about what your dad does?" I asked her, I fully intended for her not to respond or to walk away but she is always surprising me.

"Well sort of, Luna and I met in foster care and we were inseparable. Through every foster family, we were alway close. We both got adopted into nice families and we stayed in touch, until she moved away. After that, my mom died and, well, yeah. She knows that it happens sometimes but she doesn't know how bad, or how frequent." She said, looking at the ground.

"Oh and you don't have to worry about her, she's like my sister." She said, as she plastered a big smirk on her face.

"Oh I wasn't worried" I said back, looking at her now with my own smirk on my face. My cheeks blushing as I saw hers were as well.
——-
Sorry for the short chapter but we unlocked a new character!!!