Part 21

Lexa POV:

School came the next day. I knew it would be difficult when Clarke had to help me to even get off the couch. The bruise on my eye was still there and very noticeable. Clarke also had to help me get changed which was a little awkward.

"Hold your arms out" she commanded me. I looked at her not moving. "fine I'll do it for you" she said, stepping towards me. I then moved my arms out myself and she just looked at me and laughed. Then her hands made their way to the bottom of my shirt.

She looked back up at me, questioning if it was ok. I nodded and she began to slide my shirt over my head until I was standing there in my sports bra. She was standing close to me and when I looked at her I realized her gaze was to my torso. Bruises still filled up my skin as she fingers so delicately traced around them.

"Clarke" I whispered and she looked up into my eyes. The glassy blue eyes were staring at me, she was pushing back tears. "Right, I'm sorry" she said backing away, noticing her hands were still on my mid section. "It's ok," I said as she handed me my shirt. We went through the same process to put my shirt on, which was a lot more difficult but sure it covered  all my bruises.

She handed me my jeans and gave me an uncomfortable look. "I can do this myself" I told her as she nodded and turned around. It was a struggle as I could barely bend down to pull them up my legs but I managed, grunting through it all. "Are you ok?" Clarke asked, her back still turned away. I didn't answer until I had gotten my jeans on. "Yeah I'm ok" I said and Clarke turned around.

The next part was also difficult. We had to cover the bruise on my face. It took a lot of effort but we finally got to a point where you couldn't see it anymore.

Clarke grabbed her backpack before grabbing mine. "You don't have to do that you know." I told her. She just looked at me and smiled, "I know" she said before walking out the door. When we got to the car she held out her hand for me to grab and to use as a support. "Quite the gentleman I see," I said after I had gotten into the seat. "Of course" she said proudly.

We sat in our usual, comfortable silence on the way to school and when we got there she got out first and came over to my side, opened the door and held her hand out. I grabbed and used it to help me down. When my feet hit the ground I winced in pain and I let out a silent scream. Clarke obviously saw this and said "maybe this isn't a good idea."

"It's ok Clarke, if I miss anymore days of school they will call my dad." I said. This instantly put an end to her concerns but I don't think she would ever stop worrying.

We walked over to our friends and I noticed Clarke standing closer than usual, like to catch me incase I collapsed unexpectedly. Luna quickly ran over to me and hugged me. I let out a scream but it was concealed by my head in her chest. Clarke's eyes widened, knowing the pain I was in. "Luna" I whispered to her, my voice cracking from the pain. She realized what she was doing and quickly let go saying "I'm sorry."

Everyone else looked at us confused. "So Lexa, where have you been the last couple of days?" Raven asked and Clarke's eyes widened again. "I got suspended. I may have hit a few kids." I said in a cool, calm and collective tone. "Well I am not surprised." Raven said back, I forced out a little laughter to please her and it worked.

"So back to business," Octavia said, changing the subject which I was great full for. "I am throwing a party tonight and you are all invited." She said excitedly. "Alright O, I will see you there" Raven said "me too" Jasper, Monty, Harper and Maya said. Raven shot a sneaky look to Luna hoping she would say it next.

"I will be there too," Lincoln said, wrapping his arm around Octavia and kissing her on the cheek. Everyone stopped and gasped. "Wait so you two finally?" Raven said, not able to contain her excitement. Lincoln and Octavia looked at each other before turning back to Raven who was practically jumping out of her seat and nodded their heads.