Part 7

Lexa POV:

Today was important, today was different. I got up extra early to have time to actually get breakfast for once. It was the first soccer game of the season. I had to do good, there are always scouts watching and I have to get into college. I have to get away from my dad.

I was excited for the day, not dreading school, but happy. Weird. It's the one thing I was good at, the one thing is also the thing I enjoyed most. I guess I was lucky in that way.

As I was walking through the halls at school, I got my usual stares, but I did nothing. Not today, today was too important.

The only thing I dreaded about today was the locker rooms. I cover up my stomach and arms for a reason. If people saw they would know the truth, they would ask questions, they would make me get help. So I would get there extra early before the game to change, and not change back until everyone was gone.

I was distracted during all my classes today, I mean when am I not distracted? But today I had a reason, I was planning plays in my head, imagining winning, everything I hoped. It was too much.

After class I ran to the locker room to change, before anyone came in. I was clear. I got my shirt off and jeans off before changing into my uniform. I had done it. Nobody would see me, nobody would know.

Clarke POV:

It was another day, same as all the other ones, I went to school and it was no different. Except for one change, there was a big soccer game today. The first one of the season. People were happier, excited even. I passed Lexa in the halls and she had a smile on her face, not the usual cold plain face, or even a fake smirk. No, it was a legitimate smile. I knew she was good but I didn't know Lexa cared that much for soccer. Hmm.

I didn't really feel like watching the game so I just sat in the art room, painting and drawing again. I could hear the cheers coming from outside. I'm pretty sure they are winning. There was so much cheer and laughter, I decided to look out the window. I had a clear line to the field and I could see all the players. Another goal was scored, hitting the back of the net as the bleachers roared. I couldn't help but smile at the girl who had scored. Her brown hair effortlessly back in a ponytail. She was so secretive, so- so, I don't know.

Something Lexa said to me the other day stuck with me. Yes, she knew all about me, my mom, my friends, but it wasn't that that bothered me. It was the assumption she made about me.

Lexa POV:

The game went great, we won 7-1. I had scored 3 goals, a hattrick. This was good, we had a good start to the season and I was leading the team victoriously. I walked off the field to everyone congratulating me. I wish my dad could see me be actually good at something. Well he would have to actually show up for that, so it was unlikely. I know my mom would be proud of me though.

I sat in the locker room as all my friends, well sorta friends, got undressed from the game as they continued to ask me why I wasn't changing. Every time I responded with "I going to in a sec" and they believed it each time. Finally everyone was out and I was alone. I got my clothes ready to change.

I slipped my shirt off revealing the purple bruises on my chest. They covered my back as well, filling up my skin. I stared at them, remembering each hit I took to receive it as my finger delicately traced over them. Before I could slip on my shirt the door opened.

Clarke POV:

I watched the aftermath of the game. People running around, parents congratulating their kids. Hugging them. That question sat in the back of my head. I needed to know the answer. I was going to talk to her after the game. I watched her go into the locker room, and as all of her teammates left. I was waiting for so long, watching the door, but she didn't come out. So I did the thing any logical person would do. I went in.

When I got in there I looked around for a minute before I saw her. Her shirt was off, she had a sports bra on but she was covered in bruises. I stood there for a second in shock. I couldn't speak. I couldn't even focus on the beautiful back tattoo she had. I just stared at her until she turned around.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" She yelled. I had never seen her so angry. Not even when she was beating the crap out of somebody. I still couldn't speak. "L-Lexa y-your body, what is going on?" I managed to slip out of my mouth. "NOTHING, YOU NEED TO LEAVE!" She yelled at me getting closer. I couldn't leave, not now.

She got so close to my face I thought she was going to hit me. I'm pretty sure she considered it but she was too mad to actually do it. "WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS HERE?" She yelled at me. I was a bit confused about her question but before I could ask she said "YOU WERE AT THE BEACH WHERE I BROKE DOWN FOR THE FIRST TIME, AND NOW YOU'RE HERE OF ALL PLACES, WHY?" She was still screaming at me.

"I-I wanted to ask you something," I responded, barely able to speak out of fear. The look of disbelief in her face could probably be seen through the walls. "Lexa, your body, what happened?" I repeated, hoping she would actually answer me this time. "That's none of your business" she said, no longer yelling but in her cold voice as usual. "I'm going to ask you again, and only once, why are you here?" She said standing so close to me that I could feel her breath on my face, I could feel her eyes staring deep into my soul, killing me from the inside out.

"I wanted to ask you something," I repeated. "Go, ask away" she said in the most sarcastic voice ever. "The other day in the parking lot, you said I seemed like the person who would tell your secret, why?" I said as I crossed my arms. She seemed so unamused. "Well let's see here, your Clarke Griffin, you know nearly everyone in the school, hell even the whole freaking town. You're probably the most popular girl in school and you have been best friends with Raven and Octavia for years so I highly doubt you would keep any secrets from them. How close am I hitting?" She said, still yelling loudly at me.

She hit dead on actually. "You're right, I don't keep secrets from them, but this wasn't my secret to tell so I promise didn't say anything. And why do you assume I am this perfect girl who has nothing to hide, I am dealing with my own things too." I said, snapping at her. This seemed to really set her off though so that was probably a bad choice.

"Oh I'm sorry, miss popular girl has issues," she said walking around me now, raising her voice. "I'm sorry your dad died when you were younger, well guess what, you got it easy. You're lucky your dad doesn't beat the living shit out of you everyday, you're lucky you have a parent who actually loves and cares about you. GOD, I WISH MY DAD WAS DEAD SO I WOULDN'T HAVE TO FACE THE FACT THAT HE NOT ONLY BLAMES ME FOR MY MOM'S DEATH BUT DOESNT LET ME FORGET IT BY BEATING THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME UNTILL I CAN'T BREATHE, UNTILL I CAN'T STAND, UNTILL I BLEED. But then I go to school, where everyone already hates me, and I do it with a smile on my face. So please, shut up about your 'issues' because it could be a lot worse for you." She said, snapping back at me. I was speechless.

Shocked by all the information I had just received, I looked up at her and calmly tried to pull myself together to say "is that what happened, was it your dad?" I question pointing to the bruises on her torso that were still exposed. She backed away from me and looked down at them. This gave her motive to put her shirt back on. She still looked down at her covered chest, as if she could see all the pain through her shirt.

She looked back up at me with tears that were clouding her vision and said " he gave me all of them" she said, tears falling from her eyes. I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around her. Not too tight, minding all the bruises on her body.

We just sat there as I held her while she cried into my arms.
——————————

Well this was a lot of info, so please click the vote button to get more chapters :)