"Of course I'm excited, Astrid. It's you and Hiccup. I have been rooting for you two, forever!"

"Shhh... keep your voice down!" Astrid shushed, knowing the others were still downstairs.

***

It was 10 pm and the gang all decided to pull an all-nighter, not that Astrid could sleep anyway, knowing the Twins were loose in her house.

They all gathered in a circle to talk.

"So, Heather. How's the Berserker Academy?" Hiccup asked.

"It's... okay, I guess." She said. "The uniforms suck, and my gym teacher doesn't like me very much."

"But gym is your best subject." Astrid stated.

"Exactly. She said I work too hard. In her defence, I did tackle a guy during our last game of tag rugby."

"That's my girl." Astrid cheered, nudging her friend, who chuckled at the gesture.

*Click*

Everything went dark. Tuff jumped into his sister's arms. Snotlout yelped. Fishlegs hummed nervously, hugging Meatlug. Astrid instinctively grabbed Hiccup's arm and gripped it tightly.

"Guys, it's just a power cut." Heather reassured. Ruff dropped her brother with a loud thud.

"I knew that." Snotlout fibbed.

Hiccup grabbed his phone from his pocket with his free hand and switched the flashlight on. He felt Astrid's grip loosen, only slightly.

"Astrid and I will go and check out the fuse box." He explained, standing up and helping her off the floor. "Nobody move."

The couple headed into the kitchen. Hiccup went to open the basement door, but Astrid pulled him back.

"Hey..." He whispered. "It's okay... I'm right here." He tightened his grip on her hand. Something about his voice was oddly comforting.

They made it into the basement and Hiccup found a battery-powered lantern. It was a lot brighter than his phone. Astrid could finally relax. Hiccup pulled her close, sweeping her bangs from her face as the light sparkled in her eyes and he finally noticed the tears streaming down her face. She looked away ashamed.

"Babe, it's okay to be afraid of the dark." Hiccup whispered, wiping the tears from her face.

"I'm not scared of the dark, Hiccup." She denied. "I just don't like not being able to see what's going on around me."

"Your mom?" Hiccup asked. She had told him about the night her mother died. It happened under cover of darkness. So it was understandable that she was apprehensive about it.

Astrid nodded, sniffling. Hiccup pulled her close and rested her head against his chest.

"Astrid, nothing is going to happen to you."

"I know." She nodded. "Just don't let go."

"I wouldn't dream of it." He leaned back to kiss her softly.

*Cough Cough*

Astrid jumped at the sound.

"Heather?! Don't do that!" She scolded as she noticed the raven-haired teen at the top of the stairs.

"Sorry. But when you love birds are finished. Snotlout has found your notebooks."

Astrid's eyes widened.

"Oh, Gods." She grabbed Hiccup's hand and took his phone in the other before racing up the stairs. "Heather, can you power up the generator. I have to go kill Snotlout." She explained. Heather giggled and did as told. By the time she returned to the living room, the lights were back on and everyone was sitting back in their original seats, all except Hiccup who was now sitting in Astrid's seat, with her on his lap and Snotlout who was icing a large bruise on his face.

"Wait a minute..." Fishlegs' face lit up. "Are you?"

Astrid and Hiccup looked towards one another, attempting to hide their smiles, then back to Fishlegs.

Hiccup's fingers locked with Astrid's and she leaned into his chest as she curled into him.

"Awww." Fishlegs cried.

"Wait, what?!" Snotlout shrieked.

"Shut up, Snotlout." Heather ordered. He growled in protest but refused to tick her off.

"See..." Hiccup said softly as he stroked his girlfriend's hair. "That wasn't so hard was it?" Astrid shook her head as she nuzzled deeper into his deep red shirt.
"Astrid? Are you sleepy?"

She shook her head again.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded.

"Then why are your eyes closed?"

She didn't respond and instead, began tracing circles on his abdomen.

"Heartbeat?" He asked, knowing that she loved the sound of his heartbeat, she found it very comforting and she took in everything. She noticed how it sped up when she giggled, which only made her giggle even more. She loved how their hearts would often best as one. Hiccup couldn't help but smile at his gorgeous girlfriend, who soon began to nod off in his arms.

"Night night, sleepyhead." He placed a gentle kiss on her nose. She scrunched it up, smiling when his heartbeat sped up. She wrapped her arms around his waist and drifted off.