Tony looked at us confused. "What's that about?"

"Nothing really we were just-..." Pepper mumbled as if she was making something up.

"...talking about her borrowing me her car for a few days." I smiled.

Pepper however looked at me with wide opened eyes and no clue about what's going on.

Tony was just as clueless as her.

"Yeah. I need some time away from the city. I was planning to go on a little road trip. Just driving around to clear my head." I said as confident as I could.

"I mean... are you sure about this? I could take you for a ride? How do you know it will be safe? And why don't you take one of my cars? And ..." Tony started asking question after question.

I stood up from the chair and put my hand on his shoulder. "Dear brother I've got everything under control. I just need some time off. I'll be back before you know it." I said smiling as I took the bowl from the table and walked towards the sink. "I know you might be worried because of some past events but I promise that this will be just a short innocent road trip. And I will call you ... at least once." I said smiling and walked out of the kitchen before they could ask anymore questions.

I ran to my room, grabbed a random backpack and threw in some stuff. I was right about to leave when I saw something else that I could need. My old baseball cap that originally belonged to Tony.

I left my room and ran straight back to the kitchen, hoping Pepper was still there.

When I came in, Tony was standing in front of her with his hands on her shoulders. He was standing...like really close.

"Ehm excuse me?" I pretended to cough to get their attention. "I just need the car keys, location of the car and then I will leave you two to... continue...with whatever you want...or what you were doing..." I said awkwardly.

Pepper gave her car keys to Tony and he threw them at me.

I caught them.

"Car is parked outside the building. Black one with a little scratch on the left door." said Pepper.

"Woah what scratch? Where did that come from?" asked Tony fast.

Pepper glared at him and was about to speak up. Or yell a bit. Probably.

"Before you continue with your intellectual conversation that will probably turn into a controversial sexistic debate about woman being the bad drivers let me just say goodbye and please don't do anything I wouldn't do. Or anything I would do. However bye!" I said and left before they could stop me.

Luckily I found the car almost immediately. I sighed relieved when I realised my plan C was turning out great.

Plan C? Yes. I made it up right at the moment when I made Pepper give me her car. She was completely confused at that moment so I knew she was not going to say no. I felt kinda bad for doing this to her but you know. I had to. If I took any of Tony's cars he would track me again and I really didn't want him to know where I was going.

I was driving for about four hours with a few stops at the gas stations.

I was so happy when I arrived to my destination since my back was starting to hurt like hell.

I parked the car, took my backpack and most importantly - put my baseball cap on?

Well since the one and only, Captain America, used it as a cover a few days ago, I thought it would also be a good cover for me. I was after all still on SHIELD's list of people to kill off. Apparently I knew too much.