Her days were spent sitting on the window seat looking out until her cousins and sister came and talk with her while she just sat there lost in her thoughts.

"Manna,"

Jannat gasped as she looked at Mannat who was standing in front of the mirror looking fresh for the first time. Her hands are still healing and had bandages on them.

"Take the breakfast on table manna... We will eat breakfast on the table...,"

"Really...,"

Jannat smiled at her in happiness, she knew that Mannat is still hurting but she is willing to stand back for her family.

"Yeah... I know that you are all hurting because of my immature behavior so it's about time, I correct that,"

Jannat frowned at her as she placed the tray on the table and hit mannat on the back of her head.

"Oww... Jannat you violent woman,"

"Don't call yourself bad... You are not immature... You are just hurting and heartbroken because of ...,"

Jannat stops herself from speaking further as Mannat rolled her eyes at her.

"You know you can say his name... He is not Voldemort that you can't say out loud... He-who-shall-not-be-named...,"

Jannat laughed at her words as she hugged Mannat who was just giving a weak smile to her sister.

"It takes a strong person to fight their demons for themselves but a stronger person to fight it for your loved ones... I am very proud of you Mannat,"

"I know Janna... I know...,"

Mannat pulled away from her and told her to go and call everyone else for breakfast.

"Now go, woman... Call them on the table...,"

"Ok, you boss baby sister,"

They stepped out of the room together but Mannat went into the opposite hallway confusing Jannat who called her.

"Where are you going now, Manna? If you forget it... The dining room is downstairs sis,"

"I didn't forget it Dumbo... I am just going to call mama and Bade Papa,"

"Mannat...,"

Everyone knows that the elder couple was staying away from Mannat in guilt and regret but Mannat will not let her family break.

"I know Jannat that they are hurt... I know why they didn't come to meet me once... But it's time they also moved on... Staying away from everyone is not answer to our questions...,"

Jannat smiled at her sister with misty eyes, her manna had grown in few days. She nodded and saw her going toward the room.

"I hope that you will be able to normal everything manna... But I know that your heart is still bleeding... I just pray that he didn't do more damage than he already did,"

With that Jannat went to call everyone and surprise them because Mannat is not shutting them out anymore.

..........................

Mannat stood outside their room, she knew that they are awake because of the movement in the room.

She takes a deep breath and knocked at the door with her still-healing hand.

Hearing a faint 'come in' she entered the room that was engulfed in darkness.

Shameen beghum was leaning against the headboard with a photo frame pressed to her heart.