chapter twenty one

A N G E L I N A

"What?"

I do not even know why those words just came out of my mouth. "Nicolas-"

"What did you just say?" He asked as he stood up cutting me off. I tried to grab his hand but he yanked his hand back.  "I didn't say anything Nicolas let me-"

"It is good to know how you really feel." He said as he left slamming the door behind him. I rubbed my face as I sighed.

Two weeks.

Two weeks I have been holding onto this secret.

Two weeks his little brother has been dead and he does not know. Two weeks Giovanni's son has been dead and he does not know.

I walked into the washroom turning on the sink I wet my face then grabbed a towel patting it dry. I walked out of the washroom to see Paige sitting on the bed.

"What did you do?" She asked making me raise an eyebrow "What?" I asked clearly confused. "You have been acting weird this whole trip. Then you told Nicolas that you did not love him which we as in everyone knows that is not true." She said.

"How do you-"

"He told me. The walls are thin Angelina I heard the whole conversation. What did you do?" She asked once again making me sigh.

I sat down next to her then whispered what I did then she stared at me in completely disbelief. "You didn't know. It was your mother and no just no." She said.

I grabbed her and we walked into the washroom and I turned on the sink. "I am a murderer always have been and nothing will change that but this? Paige this?" I asked.

"No this is going to eat you alive and both of us know it." She said as she grabbed my face making us lock eyes. "You. Did. Not. Know." I said.

"That doesn't matter, I killed his little brother." I said as I rubbed my temples, "You didn't know!" She whisper shouted.

"His brother knew who I was he literally said my name then said that Nicolas will never forgive me." I said making her stare at me.

"Why didn't he tell you that he was Nicolas's brother?" She asked making me give her a really face."Paige." I said making her put her hands in the air. "I am just saying if he had enough energy to say that he definitely had enough energy to say I am the brother of-"

"You are not blaming the dead man for my kill!" I whisper shouted cutting her off, she snickered then stared at me.

"I cheated on my fiancée" She said making me gasp and my eyes widened, "With who?" I asked as she turned off the sink.

She covered her face as we walked out of the washroom "Christian" She mumbled out making me smile then laugh as we sat down "As in my brother?" I asked clearly amused.

She stared at her hands which made my laughter slowly die down "I didn't have to worry about you betraying me for another mafia because you like vagina and now I am supposed to worry?" I asked.

She shook her head no rapidly "No you are not. Angelina I would never. Me and Christian it was a...ten night stand." She said making me stare at her.

"What the fuck is a ten night stand?" I asked making her sigh, "Okay we slept each other a lot. I am sorry." I rubbed my face then paced back and forth letting my mind think about things, "Okay. You cheated on your fiancée."

"I'm going to tell her, I swear to you I am" She said as the pilot went on the pa system, "We are landing in ten minutes please buckle up." He said.

We arrived in sunny Greece, Nicolas quickly left with the twins without even looking at me making me sad. I put on sunglasses as I walked out of the plane to see Christian.