chapter one

A N G E L I NA

"God I need to see a chiropractor after this"

I cracked my neck then sighed as I slashed the sword against his chest. "Just tell me what I need to know, I really do not want to resort to my last option." I said as he coughed up blood. I pressed the knife into his chest "Moroccan mafia" He panted out making me smile.

"Now was that so hard?" I asked as I lowered the knife, I cleaned off the sword and put it back in the case. "I do not think it was that hard" I added on as I grabbed my gun and shot him right in between his eyes.

"Okay picture time" I said as I walked next to his dead body and one of my soldiers took a picture of us. "I just cleaned it" I said as I shook my head and opened the sword case, I picked up the sword and chopped off the dead man's head.

"Send the head and the picture to Adam" I said as I cleaned the sword all over again and placed it back in the case. I disposed of my gloves in the garbage as I walked out of the cell to see Christoper.

"Busy morning huh?" I asked making him smile at me since he is trenched in blood, "Could say the same to you. Mine said the Moroccan mafia" He said making me sigh. "War?" He asked making me shake my head no.

"I am just going to fuck with his head first. Get me information" I said as I walked over to the elevator, I pressed the button which made it open up. I walked inside and pressed the 30th floor button.

I yawned as I walked out of the elevator and made my way into my office, I walked over to my bathroom and closed the door behind me. I took a much needed shower and changed into a loose brown sundress then put on clear heels.

I slicked my hair into a low bun then put all my jewelry back on, I walked out of my bathroom to see Paige walking around. "Can we do brunch?" She asked making me smile at her, "Of course we can" I said as I grabbed my phone.

We made our way out of my office and got into the elevator, "Where are you two off to?" Christopher asked as he walked into the elevator. "The garden" I said as the doors closed. "Fancy." He said as we all got off the elevator.

She locked arms with me and we walked two blocks until we reached the garden, "Heelloooo. Can I get a table for two on the rooftop patio?" I asked the hostess making her nod at me as she tapped her iPad. "Alright follow me" She said making us do as told.

We made our way to the patio and sat down in our seats, "My name is Tom and I will be your waiter" He said making me smile at him. "What can I get you guys started with drink wise?" He asked as he pulled out his notepad.

"Flowers for me" I said as I kept on looking at the menu. "Mimosa for me" Paige said. "Can I get the hanger steak and eggs?" I asked making him nod. "Can I also do the gotham brunch burger?" Paige asked.

"Then can I also do the signature pancakes with bacon and the fruit plate" I said as I closed the menu. "Are you like okay?" Paige asked as we gave him our menus and he walked away. "I have not eaten in about seventeen hours." I said making her shake her head.

"How are my nephews?" She asked making me raise my eyebrows, "They are the reason why I have not eaten in seventeen hours. They are well fed and at my mothers house." I said as I yawned.

"So tell me what is new in your life?" I asked making her smile at me. "Nothing new, same shit different day. My brother is graduating middle school so I feel old as fuck" She said as someone brought our drinks.

"Oh my gosh! No way. When is it? I want to come" I said as I took a sip of my wine, "Tonight so can I get the night off?" She asked. "There is no such thing as off in this world but of course you can. I will pick you guys up in the cadillac, what time?" I asked.