chapter sixteen

N I C O L A S

"Three! Two! One!"

I used my gun to shoot the lock off the door then gave it to Christopher who handed me my actual gun, I slowly opened the door allowing us to walk inside. I gave two signals which made everyone split up and head in different directions.

I made my way into the living room as I looked around walking cautiously, "Angelin...." I stopped talking as my eyes landed the blood of pool that I just stepped in. I looked up to see Angelina sitting right in the middle of the pool leaning against the wall.

I dropped my gun as my heart leaped out of my chest and dropped on the floor causing it to shatter. "We can't.......NO NO NO!" Paige said as she walked in from another side snapping me back into reality.

I quickly walked over to her and checked her pulse, it's barely there but her body is getting colder by the second. I moved her hair out of her face as I looked at her, her arm is sticking inside of a door which made me open it slightly to see the twins clutching onto her fingers.

I exhaled out of relief while they started screaming at the sight of their mommy, "You guys need to let go" I said making them do as told as I looked around to see Christopher standing there frozen at the sight of his sister.

I snapped my fingers which made him look at me, I pointed to the door which made him walk inside while I picked up Angelina and made my way out of the house. I walked over to the ambulance and placed her on the stretcher.

The paramedics began to attend to her as they moved the stretcher into the ambulance to get access to their supplies. "DADDY!" I looked away and looked over to the twins who are reaching out for me from Christopher's arms.

I took them from him and hugged them super tightly, "Grazie a Dio, ragazzi, state bene" I said as I kissed them all over their head. I walked them over to the over ambulance and put them on the stretcher, "Is mommy okay?" Ale asked.

"Your mommy is going to be okay. You are going to go to with your aunt Paige and uncle Christopher, people are going to check on you and make sure you are okay then I am going to be with you guys okay?" I said making them nod at me.

"We have to go" The paramedic from Angelina's ambulance said, I nodded at Christopher and Paige as I walked over to the ambulance and got inside then they drove off. "Non puoi morire" I whispered as I grabbed her hand and kissed it then placed it on my face.

I whispered a prayer to myself as they sped over to the hospital, Angelina likes to think of herself as someone who is immortal and I am trying my best to use her thought process because if I don't I will lose my mind.

We arrived at the hospital to be met by her parents and mine, they wheeled Angelina past her which made Sophia scream at the top of her lungs while her father just looked away. My father closed his eyes as my mother slapped her hand over her mouth.

"Hey hey hey where the fuck are you taking her?" I asked as they rushed her inside just for a bunch of nurses and doctors to attend to her as I followed them. "We are taking her into surgery. We have a protocol that she established for things like this, I will give you guys updates every fifteen minutes." One of the doctors said.

"You can't go through those doors" Another one said as they all halted, I looked down at her and kissed her head. "I love you so much." I whispered as I kissed her hand then let go which made them start to move.

I quickly wiped my tears off my face as I ran my fingers through my hair and walked back to the emergency room that is filled with my men and Angelina's men securing the hospital.