𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

NINETEEN the show must go on

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

WEEKS LATER TURNED TO DAYS until the all-valley tournament and there was a certain tension that was felt all through the valley. bella and johnny rarely saw each other or went on dates, due to his training hours. they would talk on the phone all night long and they saw each other in school, but they missed actually spending time with each other.

"how's the training going? i'm worried you're gonna burn out and not have enough energy." bella sighed as she turned to the side as she spoke on the phone with her boyfriend.

"i actually don't feel it." johnny said as he laid in bed. "i'm used to it, i guess."

"i miss you. i really miss you." bella said as she stared up at the ceiling and held the phone close to her. "i know this'll be over soon."

"i miss being with you too, baby." johnny smiled as he ran a hand through his hair. "i miss seeing your smile and holding you close to me."

"i wish you here, holding me right now." bella smirked. she knew exactly how to tease him, which she had fun doing.

"oh yeah?" johnny smirked as he sat up and leaned back against his headboard. "i normally don't train the day before the tournament, let's go on a date then."

"aren't you supposed to be resting the day before?" bella said as she played with the cord of the telephone. "kreese is gonna be pissed if he finds out you're out with a girl the day before the tournament. it's gonna break your focus."

"nah, it'll be fine." johnny said. "besides, the guys have gotten high before the tournament and they're fine."

"oh, so you're gonna get me high?" bella giggled as she sat up and walked to her vanity. "i've gotten wasted before, but i'm not getting fried with you."

"chill out, we're not getting laced up." johnny laughed. "i was thinking the beach or that little diner i took you to last time. something simple."

"alright, that sounds better." bella smiled. "are you still nervous about the tournament?"

"a little bit." johnny sighed. "i have a good feeling, but you never know."

"you'll do great. i'll be right there." bella smiled as she played around with her pearl necklace that was on her vanity. "well, i better go to sleep and you better go to sleep too. it's a school night."

"alright. i'll see you in the morning." johnny smiled. "sleep well princess. i love you."

"i love you too darling."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

the night before the tournament had finally arrived. ali and chrissy were in the living room, watching mtv, as bella came downstairs, fresh out of the shower and got a cherry coke out of the fridge. "so where are you two going tonight?" bella said as she took a sip of the cherry coke.

"golf n' stuff." chrissy said as bella handed her a can of pepsi. "we're gonna miss you though."

"so where are you two kids going?" ali smiled as she got up from the couch.