𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯.

SEVEN — acquainted

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     IT WAS THE FIRST NIGHT in ages where bella and her parents had dinner together. due to their busy schedules, they rarely sat down to eat as a family and just enjoy each other's company. tonight was one of those rare occasions.

bella sat on the table with her parents, but there was a long period of silence between the family that was uncomfortable. bella continued to eat until her father broke the silence.

"so how's the nyu application going?" bella's father spoke up. "any word?"

"not yet." bella sighed. "i'm looking for a backup school here in the valley, just in case."

"what about chrissy and ali?" bella's mother spoke up. "aren't they staying in the valley?"

"yes and they want me to attend ucla with them, but i want nyu, you know?" bella said. "i want to go to new york. i love the valley, but i know i'm also gonna love new york."

"you have to have a backup, just in case you don't get accepted, which i know you will." bella's father smiled.

bella gave her dad a soft smile and continued to eat her spaghetti that her mom made. bella wasn't even in school yet and she felt the pressure as if she was. her parents had been questioning her about her status at nyu since her junior year of high school. it's safe to say that the pressure was on.

after dinner, bella went up to her room and laid in bed, listening to mtv. since her parents were staying in tonight, she was bored out of her mind. normally, she would be out cruising or at the beach, with ali and chrissy, but tonight, she was in her room, listening to michael jackson on mtv.

once bella's parents were asleep, she left her room and headed downstairs with her car keys in hand. luckily for bella, her parents were heavy sleepers, meaning that they didn't hear a thing. bella quietly opened the front door of her house and headed out. bella knew how to sneak out of her house and tonight, she desperately needed this time for herself.

bella slowly started the mercedes and drove off into the highway. it was around 2 am, but the city was still awake. bella continued off into the highway until she finally got to her safe haven known as the beach. she parked the car and sighed before getting off of her car. the beach was calm and quiet, there was nobody around since there's multiple parties around the valley.

bella walked into the sand and sat down. she sighed before closing her eyes for a brief moment. she always enjoyed coming to the beach late at night and hearing the waves crash on the sand, as well as her feet in the soft sand. it was bliss, well not for long.

bella's brief moment of silence and peace was interrupted by the sound of a car and footsteps in the sand. she sighed and brushed it off until she felt someone sit down next to her.

"i thought i might find you here."

bella sighed and turned to the side, only to find the blonde boy, sitting next to her in the sand. she rolled her eyes before speaking, but got butterflies in her stomach once she saw him.

"you really are stalking me, huh?" bella chuckled. "how'd you find me?"

"i guessed." johnny said. "what brings you to the beach at 2 am? isn't it past your bedtime?"

"i thought it was past yours too." bella smirked. "aren't you supposed to be passed out at some party?"

"wow, that one hurt, bella." johnny said as he playfully held his chest as if he were hurt. bella laughed as she continued to look up at the sky. johnny looked at bella and sighed as he laid back with his arms behind his head. "seriously, why are you here?"

"i just come here to escape for a while from my folks." bella sighed. "it's not bad or anything, i just need a moment away from all their questioning."

"ah, makes sense." johnny said. "i'm surprised you're not out with chrissy or ali."

"i had to stay in tonight." bella said. "my parents are hardly home at nights and when they are, they like having family dinner together."

"sucks to be an only kid." johnny smirked.

"you're an only child too, shut up." bella smirked. "you're not surrounded by your group of cobras."

"they're off partying." johnny said.

"and you're not?" bella laughed. "that's a new one."

"nope, i prefer to be here on the beach with much better company." johnny smirked as he looked at bella. bella turned to the side and laughed at his remark.

"wow." bella smirked. "you use that one on all the girls, lawrence?"

"it normally works." johnny smirked. "i'm guessing it's not working tonight."

"where's that cherry coke you owe me anyway?" bella laughed.

"nope, you have to go get some drinks with me, in order to get it." johnny smiled. "unless you wanna go right now?"

"not falling for it." bella laughed. "not after you checked me out and stared at my ass 30 seconds."

"you wear the tightest swimsuit ever and expect not to get stared at, c'mon bella." johnny smirked.

"you're disgusting." bella laughed.

"you know it, princess." johnny smirked as he turned to bella and winked. there was a brief moment of silence between the two. bella continued to look up at the night sky as she looked for something to say.

"i realized we haven't formally introduced ourselves." bella smiled. "how rude of me. anyway, i'm isabella, bella for short."

"bella, nice to meet you." johnny said as he softly shook bella's hand. "i'm john, except no one ever calls me that, everyone calls me johnny."

"pleased to meet you." bella laughed. "you're that kid from cobra kai, right?"

"um, defending all valley champ is what you mean, princess." johnny said as he flirtatiously winked at bella.

"this was going so well until you did that." bella laughed. "are you always this cocky?"

"pretty much." johnny said. "i should probably heading back, this was fun, when can we do this again?"

"this was a one time thing, blondie." bella smirked as she stood up from the sand as headed to her car. "we're acquaintances only."

"i'll probably bump into you again at golf n' stuff and you'll probably drop your cherry coke again." johnny laughed as he got into his car.

"you had to go saying that." bella smirked. "for the record, you bumped into me, so don't get too cocky."

"good night cherry coke." johnny said as he started his car.

"night lawrence." bella said as she got into her car as well. she sat in her car for a while and through about how perfect this night was. she started the car and drove back home, just in time before her parents find her.