𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯.

TEN — ace degenerate

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"WHAT THE HELL?" bella said, as she held the phone up to her ear. "it's 2 am johnny. what do you want?"

"oh i'm sorry princess, did i wake you up?" johnny smirked as he sat up in his bed.

"it's 2 am, yes you woke me up." bella chuckled. "what do you want?"

"i just wanted to talk to you." johnny said. "i couldn't sleep."

"wow, johnny lawrence calling me because he couldn't sleep? what an honor." bella smirked. "i thought you'd call bobby or dutch, maybe even tommy."

"well, maybe i felt like calling you tonight." johnny smiled. "i like hearing your voice."

bella sighed and couldn't believe what she had just heard. she bit her lip and smiled at the remark that the boy had just made. it was no doubt that she was slowly starting to fall for this boy, but she knew she couldn't do that to her friend. her best friend.

"i'm flattered that you wanted to hear my voice." bella smirked as she bit her lip. "why'd you really call though?"

on the other side of the line, johnny laid in bed, actually thinking about why he really called bella. was it to flirt with her? flatter her? or just genuinely talk to her and get to know her? he knew that his chances with bella were slim to none, after his relationship with ali, her best friend. after the 5 minute silence on the line, johnny came up with a random excuse on why he called her at 2 am. his excuse : ex-girlfriend, ali mills.

"i want to fix things with ali." johnny sighed. of course he was going to use ali as an excuse. although he was slowly moving on from ali, he really wanted to talk to bella without raising suspicions about how he feels about her.

bella's heart sank as she heard him mention ali. of course he still loved her, she was his everything. bella sighed as she felt a bit of jealousy in her. she really didn't understand why she felt like this being that she couldn't fall for her best friends ex-boyfriend. she knew she didn't stand a chance.

"how?" bella sighed, trying not to sound heartbroken. "you know she hates you right?"

"yeah, i know." johnny said. "i fucked up and i don't blame her for hating me. i wasn't the best boyfriend and she really deserves better, but i just want to apologize to her."

"what happened that night?" bella said. "the night of ali's birthday. you said it was extended training hours, but i know that's bullshit."

"i did stay at the dojo after class, to get some more training in." johnny said. "afterwards, i went with the guys to get some drinks at a bar. i was gonna go but then the guys and i got wasted. we all crashed at tommy's that night and when i finally came to my senses and called her, we broke up."

"you're right." bella chuckled. "you did fuck up. you should've seen her that night. she was so upset, but she only told her parents that you were at the dojo. if they knew where you actually were, they would've told her off."

"how do i apologize for that?" johnny sighed as he sat up and ran a hand through his hair. "you know her better than anyone."