𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦.

FIVE i wasn't looking

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

BELLA STOOD THERE, IN SHOCK as she stood in from of johnny lawrence. the boy who had broken her best friend's heart and the boy who had just gotten slapped by her friend. she felt intimidated by his striking blue eyes that looked into hers. normally, he would have this harsh and cold look in his eyes; tonight, there was a different look in his eyes.

"i'm sorry." bella said. "i should head back with my friends."

"don't worry about it." johnny said. "i wasn't looking."

bella gave him a soft smile before leaving to go find her friends. her heart was racing and she was a bit spaced out after her small encounter with johnny. she found ali and chrissy playing a game in the arcade, but ali was calm as if nothing happened.

"i saw what just happened." bella sighed. "i'm so sorry."

"it's fine." ali softly smiled. "i finally gave him a piece of my mind, which is what i wanted."

"i thought you had gone to get a cherry coke?" chrissy said as she ate some popcorn from her popcorn bag.

"after that whole show with ali, while i was walking back over here, i bumped into johnny." bella sighed.

"oh shit! how did this happen?" chrissy said. "please tell me you got some cherry coke on his jacket!"

"honey i wouldn't be standing here if i did." bella nervously laughed. "if i would've gotten some on that precious jacket of his, i would've been dead."

"i'm guessing you saw the little love fest that occurred over here." chrissy sighed as she ate more popcorn. "son of a bitch came over here and acted as if nothing."

"i saw the slap." bella laughed. "i didn't think she had that in her."

"she was pissed." chrissy laughed. "and you know how she gets when she gets pissed."

"oh yeah, all hell breaks loose." bella laughed. "i can't believe him. what'd he want anyway?"

"he wanted to talk, but i said i wouldn't talk to him, so he called me a bitch. after that, i told him that he was full of shit and after going at it for about 15 minutes, i slapped him." ali sighed as she finished playing.

"honey, i'm sorry." bella sighed. "let's go somewhere else, if you want."

"it's fine, the guys left anyway." ali said. "i could use some food though, you girls hungry?"

"starving." bella laughed. "chrissy? you hungry?"

"i could eat." chrissy smiled. the three girls walked out of the arcade and into the diner that was nearby. it was like an end of the night ritual, after playing mini golf and a few rounds of air hockey, they ate burgers at the diner and then shared a funnel cake before going home.

"this is totally random, but can you guys believe we're gonna be seniors soon?" chrissy sighed as she took a sip of her coke.

"it seems like just yesterday we were all 13 years old in middle school." ali smiled. "now we're seniors, well in less than a month."

"wow, this just feels so surreal." bella sighed as she put ketchup on her french fries. "the days are ticking on summer."

"we still have a couple of days until summer is officially over, so let's enjoy it because then the real work begins." chrissy laughed. "getting into college."

"my parents have been up my ass about getting scholarships for nyu." bella sighed "i haven't even heard anything from anywhere."

"are you sure you don't wanna stay with us, here at ucla?" ali said. "i heard they have a good fashion design program."

"i've had my sight set on nyu since i went up there to visit my aunts." bella smiled as she took a sip of her cherry coke. "i love the valley, but new york is very enticing."

"the valley's gonna miss you if you decide to leave." chrissy laughed. "miss isabella monroe, making it big in new york."

"i'm not there yet, ladies." bella laughed. "i haven't heard anything yet, if and when i do, you two will be the first to know."

"we better be." ali smiled as she looked at her watch. "it's getting late, we better get going. my parents will probably kill me if i get home late, especially if they got word about what happened here."

"how would they know?" bella said as she stood up and threw her trash away.

"oh trust me, they'll find out." ali sighed. "they know too many people, who know people."

"alright, let's go before we all get it for being out too late." chrissy laughed as she started the car. as the girls drove down the highway, bella seemed distracted as she replayed the moment when she bumped into johnny and looked into his eyes. there was something about the look in his eyes when she looked into them. bella couldn't believe it, but the only thing she could think of were those icy blue eyes that made contact with hers.

bella was snapped out of her thoughts when chrissy's car stopped in front of ali's house up in encino. bella and chrissy waved goodbye to ali as she disappeared into her house.

"you seem spaced out." chrissy smirked. "did you see something back there that you liked?"

"i can't stop thinking about the way he looked at me." bella sighed as she rubbed her temples. "you should've seen the look in his eyes, chrissy. it was weird, yet comforting."

"johnny lawrence? comforting?" chrissy said. "that's something i'd never thought i'd hear in the same sentence. he's anything but comforting."

"but chrissy, you should've seen the look in his eyes." bella said. "i was expecting him to kick my ass, but it's like he almost looked broken."

"alright, look. i've known ali since kindergarten and i've known johnny since the 5th grade. they loved each other, bella, like they were crazy for each other." chrissy sighed. "i don't know what got into him. i really don't know."

"i just wish i could get him out of my head." bella sighed. "he's my best friend's ex-boyfriend, i can't do this. i can't think about him. it would be wrong."

"it's gonna be difficult." chrissy laughed. "he has that charm that makes it hard for you to stop thinking about him. don't worry, i won't tell ali."

bella opened the car door and stepped out of the car. she exchanged goodbyes with chrissy and walked inside the house. she closed and locked the door behind her. her parents were not home yet, so she went straight to bed. as bella got under the covers, she sighed and closed her eyes.

the only thing bella could think about were those blue eyes. she tossed and turned, attempting to forget about them, but it was not successful. the only thing on her mind were his blue eyes and his voice saying : i wasn't looking.

i wasn't looking.