Survival of the fittest 19.

Start from the beginning

He ran at me yelling again. This time I made an x with my arms and blocked his punch. He tried to hit me with his left arm. I moved my hand to block it. It was a trick. He picked me up with his right hand and started choking me. I grabbed his hand. I tried peeling it off. I started hitting his inner elbow with my arm. He wasn't budging. I was starting to lose air.

I lifted my lower half and wrapped my legs around his neck. I guess he wasn't expecting that because I flipped him over with ease. I peeled off his hand from my neck and twisted it as he was on the ground. Once he started going limp I twisted around and put my knee on his back and had his right arm in the air. I looked over at Indra.

"Finish it," she said looking back at me. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"He is of your people. Do you not wish mercy upon him?" I asked looking up at her.

"Jhon has lost his right for mercy by us. Either finish him by knocking him out or I won't train you no matter what the commander says" She said raising her chin. I just sighed and looked around. Everyone was watching including people of the Ark and the grounders. I put him in a blood headlock and tightened it. Within a couple of seconds, his body went limp. I released his head and let him fall into the mud.

"Xania!" My father said walking up to me. I looked up at him. "Why don't you go get cleaned up," He said looking around then back to me.

"I'm fine," I said looking at him.

"I think you need to go get cleaned up. Now" He said then walked away. I just sighed.

"You listen to him and have your own language with him. Why?" She asked looking at me.

"He is my father. It might not look like it but he is" I said walking toward the Ark.

"I see... I should have put the pieces together sooner. But you must not let your feeling for him stop you." She said following me.

"Trust me my feelings won't get in the way, neither will his," I said looking at her as I stopped at the entrance of the Ark. She just raised an eyebrow. "He let me get mistreated and tested on for 15 years because of the color of my blood. Why do you think I'm the only one here with scars" I said then walked into the Ark being done with the conversation.

When I came back out it was night. I didn't take a shower, I used old t-shirts to wipe mud and such off of me. As I walked out I saw Octavia and a grounder fighting.

"What's going on?" I asked walking up to my father.

"Octavia got the fight she wanted," He said looking at her. I looked over. She kept getting knocked down.  It looked like she had enough. The grounder turned around. Octavia got back up. She had blood all over her face. She spat in the grounder's face. He punched her in the gut. As she fell he kicked her in the face. The grounder was about to finish her when Indra stopped him. I ran over to Octavia.

"We have to get her to Medbay now!" I said picking her up. My father nodded and walked ahead of us.

"What are you trying to prove Blake?" I asked as I picked her up bridal style.

"What doesn't kill you... makes you stronger" She said gasping for air. I looked down at her.

I was sitting next to Octavia in medbay as one of the nurses cleaned up her wounds. She looked over at me. "Stop looking at me like that," She said. I just looked around the room.

"Like what?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Like you just watched a puppy die," She said as the nurse finished.

"Sorry but I feel like I did just watch a puppy die," I said standing up.

"Sorry that I'm not as good of a fighter as you Xania," She said. The way she said my name made me cringe.