The yandere playboy's introduction to being a scumbag (1)

Lu Cheng died at the age of twenty.

It was an abrupt and sudden death, but Lu Cheng couldn't know the aftermath that occurred after his passing away, but he for one, personally could care less.

Lu Cheng was adopted by a fifty-year-old man who used to be a background actor, somewhat similar to those props you would see in a movie. The old man had always wanted to be an actor, but he was unable to, so he wanted to live his dream through Lu Cheng and imposed his ideals and dreams upon Lu Cheng.

Lu Cheng hated his father. Sometimes, he wanted to even kill him.

But, that was in the past. Lu Cheng had already died, and the reason behind it may be unprecedented.

Lu Cheng never had an aspiration to become an actor, but he was forced to attend acting classes, take precautions about his appearance, then finally when he was about to major in acting in college, he had failed his entrance exams with a line of straight Cs. The results weren't that bad and could probably get him into some crappy university, but his father didn't want that. So, when Lu Cheng came back home, he was beaten to death by that very same man.

Again. Lu Cheng had no hard feelings, but obviously, he wanted the man to suffer a thousand times more than him. That was when he met a metallic orb calling itself a system.

The system made an offer, "Work for me and I will grant you another chance at a better life," in other words, this was a reincarnation into a better family.

Naturally, Lu Cheng didn't object. He wasn't once skeptical about the sketchy offer. His thought process went like, I'm already dead so why do I need to care about getting scammed?

Though, he didn't know how he, a dead man, could work for a supernatural talking metal ball. But, he accepted without a moment of hesitation. If this was his key to reliving a life as himself, then he'd take it in a heartbeat.

"What do I need to do?" Lu Cheng asked thoughtfully, "Am I to go work at a purgatory until my karma is restored and I can reincarnate? Hey, system, make sure I become the heir of some company!"

The system replied monotonously, "Of course, the higher-ups will grant you the chance to pick whichever family you want to be born into. But first, you have to work hard to accumulate misery points."

"Misery points?" Lu Cheng furrowed his eyebrows, "Why don't you take a pity on me and give me a head start of 100 karma points, hm? I think my life's already been as pathetic as a dog's. I lived like a soulless doll for twenty years! Take pity on me."

The system: ...shameless!

Eventually, without any fluctuations still in its robotic tone, it mechanically said, "Do not associate pity with work. I am only the relayer of the message and the assistant who will help you as you try to gain karma points, I naturally will not have any tender feelings for you because we are on the same boat. Host, please take this more seriously."

Lu Cheng's face changed, wiping out the cheery atmosphere from before. The system was shocked. Surely, even when Lu Cheng wasn't interested in acting, he had a talent for it. It could rival the ostentatious acting displayed by those newbie actors in the swooning, romantic comedies.

Lu Cheng said darkly, "System, I don't think you know what kind of person I am. I lived life like a dead dog. No one works harder than me. You telling me I don't take this seriously correlates to the president not caring about his people!"

The system was flabbergasted. How did the concern for his lack of work attitude correlated to the president's responsibility? It felt as though he had picked the wrong person to be its host. If he didn't achieve system points along with his host, then he'd be dismantled! Even if it were a robot, it still feared death. After all, all systems were made to feel like humans so that it could better convince (cough, scam) people into working for the system.