Chapter 67: Abandoned

Start from the beginning

Why are they after her?

Aleytia could not figure them out.

"What do you wan with her!" <Aleytia>

Since she couldn't figure out their purpose, she instead demanded them for an answer.

"I'll say it one last time, there's no reason in telling you. Just hand her over and no one gets hurt."

"Tch!" <Aleytia>

Aleytia wasn't happy at all. Someone is trying to kidnap her best friend and that really pisses her off.

"Damian, ki-" <Aleytia>

"Fine." <Damian>

Aleytia was about to tell Damian to kill them but what he said made her at a loss for words.

"What are you saying!?" <Aleytia>

Without answering her or giving her any explanation, Damian picked up the princess.

"Damian, put me down! This is an order!" <Aleytia>

Aleytia was flailing under his arms, but Damian refused to barge.

"Sorry Princess, but this is the only way. Your safety is my top priority. Everyone else is later." <Damian>

Damain was firmed on his answer.

Seeing that it is impossible to change his mind, Aleytia decided to do something else that will change the kidnappers target.

"Listen here you fools! I'm the prin- Mmm! Mmm!" <Aleytia>

Aleytia wanted to declare that she was the Princess of this kingdom, but Damian covered her mouth before she could say it.

Aleytia didn't know why they are after Misomi but, if they knew that she was the princess, then they would come after her instead. Like that, Misomi will be safe.

But her plans were denied by her own knight.

Aleytia glared at Damian with a furious look.

"You'll keep your words, right?" <Damian>

"Of course."

Damian sheathed his sword and he slowly ran past them. Seeing how they didn't attack him, it means they were really after Misomi.

"Mmm! Mmm!" <Aleytia>
(Misomi! Misomi!)

"Aleytia-Sama!" <Misomi>

Misomi too was at a loss for words. She knew that it wasn't the princess's command, but the thought of being abandoned really frightened her.

The leader of the group heard a familiar name, but decided to brush it off since they finally got their hands on the target.

"Now that you're alone, quietly do what we say, or we will have to hurt you."

Misomi couldn't let out any voice, and instead dropped to the floor and began crying in fear.

Shin-Sama!

The thought of Shin came into her mind before she loss consciousness.

...

Only after they managed to escape the mall, that Damian released the hand that was covering Aleytia's mouth and let her down.

"Damian, why did you do that!?" <Aleytia>

Aleytia was full of anger towards Damian. Because of his action, he made it looked like she had abandoned her bestfriend. Just thinking of that made her mortified. And even more so when thinking that Misomi is scared to the bones all alone.

"I'm going back in, you stay here." <Aleytia>

"No, Princess. We're returning to the castle." <Damian>

Damian grabbed onto Aleytia's wrist to prevent her from going anywhere.

Seeing that Aleytia refused to listen, Damain had no choice but to knock her unconscious. He then carried her in a princess carry.

"Oi, you, stop!"

He was about to leave the area, but he was stopped by someone. He turned around and saw Layla running towards her, and behind her was Adolf.

When Layla got near them, she saw that Aleytia was unconscious within his arms. Immediately, her mind ran off to Misomi's whereabouts. Since she didn't saw her with them, it means she could still be inside.

"Where is Misomi!? Why isn't she with you!?" <Layla>

Layla began questioning Damian.

"I don't know. I only saw the Princess, and she was already fainted. So I quickly took her out of the mall." <Damian>

Damian decided to lie to make him have no connections to what happen to Misomi. But as if Layla saw through it, she began pulling him by the collar.

"Oh, yeah? Is that really the case? You really don't know where Misomi is, huh? Your face doesn't seem like it's telling the truth. So tell me honestly, where is Misomi!?" <Layla>

Damian just looked down at her with an annoyed look. He then brushed off the hand that were holding his collar, while still carrying the princess.

"Like I said, I don't lnow what happened to her. Even if I knew, the Princess's safety is my top priority. So if you understand that, then leave us." <Damian>

"Tch! I'll remember this." <Layla>

Layla couldn't stand it any longer arguing with him. Misomi won't just appear if she continue wasting anymore time with him. So she decided to run back into the mall to look for her.

"You're going to regret the decision you make. And the one to punish you will definitely make it painful." <Adolf>

Adolf who was quietly listening to Layla & Damian argue, put in some words to Damian after Layla ran off. Needless to say, those words were threats.

Adolf then followed after Layla.

"Hmph. I'm merely doing my job." <Damian>

Damian looked down to see the unconscious princess, before returning to the castle.