Chapter Nineteen: Leak

Începe de la început

I blow Chris a kiss then walk back to his room. I close the door behind me then take off the robe. I put it back over the chair, I climb back in bed and wait for him to finish his workout.

Around lunch, Chris got me out of bed to eat. We sit and have some sandwiches. I look around "Is Mrs.Holland here yet? She said she was gonna be late today."

"I called and told her not to come, I told her to stay and be with her daughter. The house is immaculate, she doesn't need to be here. I'll still pay her for the day."

"You really do appreciate your workers."

"I try to, everyone deserves to be appreciated."

"True, so, any work for you today?"

"Nope, I took the day to be with you."

"How sweet of you." I smile

"I wanted to be here with you, actually enjoy a day in the week."

"Well I'm certainly enjoying it."

He grins at me "Do you have any work today?"

"I can work on some patients notes but, I can do that tonight."

He holds my hands and says "Can I tell you something?"

"Anything."

"The doctors appointment I had last night was a therapy appointment."

"Really? That's great. I'm happy for you."

"You're not mad?" He raises his brows

"Mad about what? I'm proud of you."

"I thought you may be upset, that I went to someone else."

"It's okay, really, I wouldn't be able to take you on as a client anyway. If you were my client and we started having sex it would be illegal. So, no I'm not mad. I'm so proud of you for seeing someone though."

I get up and go to him, I climb on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck. I kiss him and He kisses me back then pulls away "That's why I was so angry yesterday, talking to him brought up a lot of animosity. Just know, I went for you."

"Me? What do you mean?"

"I meant what I said before, I like you Charlotte. I want some kind of relationship with you. I think if I work through some of my issues..maybe you and I could have a chance. I know it's slim but, I figured I could try."

I smile widely and kiss him, he kisses me back. He slides his tongue in my mouth and I lick his tongue. My phone starts loudly playing the ringtone I have set for Max. He never calls me, it must be important. I pull away and apologize, I grab my phone and accept his call. "Hey, everything okay?"

"Where the hell have you been? I've been texting you for two hours!"

I look at Chris "Sorry, I was a little distracted. Why? What's wrong?"

" Someone leaked your foster care records. Then some tabloid's running a story about how you're just some foster kid trash after Chris's money."

"What!" I get off Chris's lap and I hear him ask "Baby, what's wrong?"

"How did they find my records? They should be private aren't they?"

"No, you can or anyone can request them. They're not like adoption records, those remain sealed unless the child wants them. I do it all the time for work."

My heart grows heavy, it was one thing for me to tell Chris that I was a foster child but the world? I'm so angry I could scream! Who would leak that information? What does it gain someone? That information is private and something I keep close to my heart. Who would try to hurt me this way? My first guess would be Mason but, this doesn't gain him anything.