Amelia wants to give them the news together so they've agreed to Skype later, she opens her presents when she comes down for breakfast.

Ironically Anita has brought her a new suitcase something she had asked for, her old one is falling apart but now she knows it's not going to be used for a holiday.

Roger sent her a bottle of her favourite perfume and Brian sent her the black and grey Queen zip hoodie with fur lining.

It's a piece of Queen tour merchandise that she had wanted for years but they stopped making it after the magic tour. With them touring again they made new merchandise but brought back a few of the old bits and the hoodie was one of them.

She saved her dad's gift for last, the cards have stopped now and this is the last birthday letter and gift in there. Taking the letter out the envelope she saviours this letter:

Happy Birthday My Angel,

You are my very grown-up daughter now and I bet you're a real stunner. I hope your career is going well, have you meet anyone yet? Don't worry if you haven't I'm sure that time will come.

The gift with this is letter is a white box with a red rose sticker and red bow please open it.

Like always she does as he says and pulls the ribbon off lifting the lid to a necklace and earring set. It's a dark grey metal with a vine design pendant and a red rose at the bottom.

This was the first set I brought from Disneyland, the blue jewel set you got for your 18th I found after this one

I chose to give them this way around because I felt that this set was more grown up with the darker metal and I thought they were beautiful.

Writing this letter I find myself thinking forward and feeling how much you might miss me, know that I miss you too. I hope everyone is well?

Happy 21st birthday

Lots of love,

Dad xx

"It's a beautiful set," Rory awes over Amelia's shoulders, "I like the dark metal."

"Me too," Amelia agrees, admiring the set closely.

After lunch, Brian and Roger finally called, "Morning," They both greet.

"Afternoon for us, it's half-past two here," Amelia smiles at the laptop screen, Anita and Rory sat behind her.

"Yeah well it's only half nine here," Roger yawns, "Happy birthday by the way, did your gifts arrive?"

"Yes they did thank you," She stands to show off the hoodie.

"You said you had some news in the text message what is it then?" Brian encourages.

"We don't know either," Anita rolls her eyes, "Apparently she had to wait for you two."

"Yeah well I wanted to tell you all last night but they were busy. Anyway, the big news is I've been offered the role of Eponine elsewhere," She likes to keep them questioning so doesn't tell them outright.

"Elsewhere?" Rory frowns, "What like with the UK touring company?"

"No, I've been offered it on Broadway."

"And did you accept?" Brian's jaw drop.

"I was going to think about it but they needed an answer by today so I accepted it while I was there. I'm just waiting for the call from the director, Julian."

"That's an amazing opportunity, love but you don't seem happy about it," Anita knows that look on her face.

"Oh no, I'm happy about the role, like you said it's an amazing opportunity. It's moving to New York that's making me unsure," Amelia is a homegirl, family is everything to her and this is much bigger than moving to London.

"But it's only for a couple of months," Roger points out, "You'll be home before you know it."

"No, I won't. Tickets haven't officially gone on sale yet, the press release is on Thursday but they've already sold enough for the company to scrap the original closing date." The original excitement in the room starts to fade.

"So when is the new one?" Rory asks.

"There isn't one, it's open-ended and I could be gone for years," Just like that the excitement disappeared altogether and Amelia felt a drop in her stomach, she's said yes but now she wonders if she should have talked to her family first.

There is silence for a few minutes everyone taking a moment to let that news set in before Anita spoke, "Forget about the fact you're going to New York for a moment. Do you want to perform on Broadway?"

"Yes," Taking America away from the equation, performing on Broadway could be the highlight of her career.

"Then going to America is just something you have to overcome."

"She's right Milly," Brian agrees with his wife, "Take the opportunity while it's yours, you stick it out for a few months and if you really aren't happy then you quit come home and find a new role. Is Eponine a role you want to play forever?"

"No, I guess not. It's my dream role but I've reached it," She hasn't got her heart set on a new dream yet.

"Then there's your answer," Roger smiles, "We will be here when you finish the role but that role won't be yours forever."

"What about everything, the flat, Prince, my car?" She doesn't want to leave Prince here but she's not sure how he'd handle the flight and she will need to sort all the paperwork for him.

"We're back on the 15th so we can help you sort all that stuff. You just get your visa sorted then we'll go from there, you're not going anyway if you don't have a visa." Amelia got the call from Julian that afternoon and he explained everything to her.