𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱.

Start from the beginning

"You're meaning to say that you guys brought people with power here with us to kill the prince?"

"There is no hesitation." Mia mumbled.

"The prince is tempting to kill," Ruby commented.

While the others talked about the two women from strong households, William fumbled on the letter he addressed back to school in Nottingham.

He gazed out the window and sighed as he recalled the memories he had in that school, most especially with the girl he met.

Eliza Bethany.

William remembered how she cried for him to stay, but he had to go anyways. After this mission, well, he doesn't know if he's going to make it out alive, but if he does, he was sure to stay in the year where everything could work out for him.

In the year where he was genuinely happy.

"William!", Catherine called. "Are you all right?", she asked.

"I'm fine." He answered, ignoring the fact that he jumped after his name slipped out of her mouth.

"What's that?", she asked, pointing to the letter.

"A letter for someone."

Catherine smiled, "Someone caught your eye?"

He chuckled and stared at her as if answering 'yes'.

"Who is it?"

"Eliza Bethany. Back in Nottingham."

Hanna suddenly came. Turns out she has been listening to them more than the fiesta about the stronghold ladies.

"You should send it."

"I couldn't."

"Then, why did you write it? Why is there a stamp?"

"I-" he sighed, "I don't know. I'm not sure if she's even going to read it. We- erm, fought before we ran away."

Hannah tugged a weak smile, patting his back as Catherine also did.

"Send it. It's her choice if she reads it. If she doesn't want anything to do with you in the near future, then so be it. Sometimes, it's better to be on your own." Hanna said.

Cath looked at her, surprised. "Did someone hurt you?", she asked.

"No. I just miss Frederick so much and I read a sad novel the other day. Axel had to deal with me ranting to him while he designed the last piece he gifted to Madam Elize." She sniffled.

"Aw, come here."

The three pulled each other in an embrace and soon, William wiped his tears and took a deep breath before he declared, "I'm going to send it."

Dearest Eliza,

Not a second has passed that I do not think of you or your mellow voice. I cherished all the memories we shared under your favorite tree full of bugs that you called your friends. I still do. I know how hard it is to walk past the hallways without anyone to be true to.

I'm sorry for running despite the sound of your desperate cries to make me stay. I had to leave, you see. Like I told you for the past few weeks that you don't seem to believe, I'm here to alter a complication.