nine

Jina continued to watch Doyoung for a little bit as she was analyzing him, thinking about all the possibilities of his cold personality. She can't force him to open up to her. But she has to admit, he has the looks of everyone's crush.

A few hours have passed and Jina decided to walk out of the medic room heading to sleep. She walked out to the living room where some of the members gave her a look but she just waved and went upstairs to do her own thing.

" I'll go check up on her. " Jungwoo said as he left the scene.

Jina was wondering why she was feeling like this? In a way, he rarely protected her since Jina was not that involved in many of the missions. But if Jina were to be in the middle of the scene of the robbery at the Bunny Cafe or someone else finding her, she would be dead.

Doyoung spared her.

Why was she growing attached to him? Was it because of pity?

Jina spaced out from her thoughts when she suddenly heard a knock on her door.

" Come in! " Jina announced as she was sitting on her bed, against the headboard under the curtains.

The door revealed Jungwoo as he opened the door and closed the door behind him. He then proceeded to sit on Jina's bed but at a safe distance, not too close, but not too far.

" So what's up with you and Doyoung? You didn't answer me last time. " Jungwoo asked. " You literally said there's nothing between us. " Jungwoo mimicking Jina. " Wow, are you already falling in love with him after what a few days of living here? "

" I don't know he just seems off and more interesting that's all. " Jina sighed.

" What do you mean by that? That's literally two opposite things coming together. " Jungwoo asked.

" He seems to have a dark past he's not letting go of, but if it weren't for that dark past holding him back, I wonder what his personality will be like. " Jina explained.

" Oh girl trust me, everyone has their own dark past and has different methods of letting it go. I don't know about the Dream members, assuming that you know. " Jungwoo replied.

" Yeah I know, Jisung told me the other day. " Jina responded.

" I see. " Jungwoo nodded. " I noticed that you kept visiting Doyoung every day in the medic office. What's up with that too? Ooooh, do you love him? " Jungwoo teased.

" No! I do not! How can I love someone who's about to kill me and have no interest in me at all. " Jina responded.

" I don't know. It's possible. " Jungwoo responded.

" There's no way he'll like newcomers like me, not even as a friend or now somewhat a family member of NCT. " Jina explained.

" It's normal for Doyoung to feel that way, he takes a while to adjust. " Jungwoo replied.

" So when should I even approach him? It's like he never likes it when I come around. " Jina exclaimed.

" Maybe when he only needs you. " Jungwoo responded.

" What do you mean by that? " Jina asked.

" Something that you'll eventually figure out. " Jungwoo smirked at her.

-

A couple of days have passed as Jina and the other members were visiting Doyoung every day wishing that he would wake up. It wasn't like he got shot through the chest, but that night, he lost a lot of blood.

Jina was currently watching from afar, eating her salmon and mashed potatoes dinner, seeing that Haechan and Jaemin were on a call with Yangyang to go through files of Race's security, hoping to find useful information.