::35::

Texts in italics are flashback.

Third person's pov

He was sprawled out on his bed, which smelt more like him.

A certain beta.

A certain someone who was supposed to be his mate.

A week earlier

All of them reached the mansion. Jimin carrying Jin, Namjoon and Yoongi holding onto their late Alpha. Jungkook holding his supposed to be mate who stumbled a few times due to sore limbs. The other two Omegas, walking quietly by the elderly lady, who was Jin's grand mother.

They laid an unconscious Jin on the bed and called the pack doctor. Hoseok, took it upon himself and guided Jin's grandmother to one of the rooms in the big mansion.

Soon, as the pack doctor walked in to examine the kitsune, Taehyung walked back to his room--not before informing the doctor about a check up for himself. To conclude something he's been confused of.

Soon enough, there was knock on his door. He opened the door and welcomed the doctor inside his room--that for unknown reasons has been smelling like Jungkook.

"What did you want to talk about, Taehyung-ah?" the doctor inquired, sitting himself on the younger's bed comfortably.

"Also, I was wondering, are any of you even attending your schools?" he sighed. Oh, right school. The author just forgot about schools because yeah, she is so into the storyline.

"I want to get a check up, to confirm something" Taehyung mumbled as he sat besides the doctor, feeling the softness of his oh so welcoming mattress. He just wanted it to engulf him into a tight embrace.

He was tired.

Exhausted, even.

Both mentally and physically.

.

.

.

.

.

Sighing heavily, he got his tired frame up from the warmth of his bed. A few minutes ago, Jimin's mate, Sungwoon came and asked him to come down for dinner. He hasn't talked to anyone much, but he came to know about Jimin's mate, his past, progress between his brother and his mate--also, the fact Jin's a kitsune and his brother will not mark his mate. More than not, it's a can't.

Sighing again, he walked downstairs. Okay, the number of times he's sighed in the past week is just so--Ugh!

He was kinda anxious as to how his family will react to what he's about to say. He's been anxious around them a lot, even when passing by. He's scared.

Maybe being locked up inside a dungeon for around 3 months is not that much of a good thing. He's been anxious of any human interaction in general. Don't even start with the amount of nightmares he's got in this past week. He has given up sleep, honestly.

He walked into the dining room and noticed the thick tension swirling around the air. It was suffocating him. He didn't fail to notice how Hoseok and Yoongi had been avoiding each other in the dining room.

Namjoon and Jin? Oh, they were sitting in different chairs, far away from each other.

And don't even start with Jungkook. Ever since the blue haired Omega returned home, he's been walking on egg shells. Barely talking anything, avoiding the elder at any cost, even if they had situations to encounter each other, he talks timidly--as if he'd hurt Taehyung, even if he moved a little hastily around the elder Omega.

Taehyung sat in the chair that was empty, in between the Namjoon and Jin.

On the other side sat Hoseok, Yoongi and Jungkook. Jin's grandmother next to Jin, while Sungwoon and Jimin sat by Namjoon's side.

"Have you planned for the marking ceremony?" Namjoon inquired the couple besides him as stabbed his food with the fork.

"Next week, hyung" Jimin smiled, his Omega smiling shyly.

Yes, the couple finally decided to take the next step in their life, because finally everything has started to fall in place.

At least that's what everyone thought.

"H-Hyung" Taehyung mumbled out, his voice a little hoarse. Clearing his throat, he chugged a glass of water to get rid of the hoarseness--feeling all the eyes in the dining table, on him.

"Yes, dear?" Namjoon asked, his voice so soft, barely a whisper.

Okay, maybe it was not only Jungkook but everyone as well, were walking on egg shells around him.

Maybe they were scared?

Was it because of the reason Tae left? Or because of the whole getting kidnapped by Jin's cousin? He didn't know, but he didn't care about the reason, now.

"I wanna tell you something,"

"What is it?"

This is it. He was getting anxious every moving second because he was about to break it to his family.

They were not going to get mad on him, that he knew, but he didn't know why he was so scared. Was it because of their reaction to the news? Maybe. But, if not now, he can do it never.

Inhaling heavily, he looked up--up to all the eyes on him. Especially, the eyes of his mate on him.

Now he was growing more anxious.

The thought of how Jungkook will react was sending him into a spiral of thoughts. Backing away sounded so nice right now.

But, no.

"I wanna go abroad and study"

The room fell silent, all of them boring holes on Taehyung's head. Everyone a little shocked at what Taehyung was talking about. 

"Abroad?" Namjoon spluttered, his brows raised in a little confusion. But, in reality, he actually was considering what his brother was asking for. He knows what the younger went through. His best friend a.k.a Mate not trusting him, Jimin leaving him, him leaving, this whole 'kidnap' thing and his father's death. Namjoon at some point even started wondering how even was Taehyung sane. 

Also, talking about his father's death, he's been waiting to get ahold of some time from his suffocating pack duties to go and talk to Jin's grandma. Like, how even did the man knew about Jin and his good for nothing cousin. 

"Yes, hyung" Taehyung answered, pulling Namjoon out of his train of thoughts.  

Jungkook on the other hand wanted to scream, cry, rip his hair out of his head, hug Taehyung, mumble thousand sorrys, pepper his face with kisses, cuddle with him, yell at him, run out---

Okay, fine, he was frustrated.

"Where? Anywhere you'd like to go specifically?"

"F-France?"

"Okay," Joon agreed easily. Okay, now Taehyung didn't expect this--well, it was very easy to convince his brother, gladly.

"Also.." Taehyung trailed, thinking if this was the right time to break the important news. 

You'll be okay.

It will be okay.

They'll understand.

They're your family.

They'll accept you.

It's okay.

He constantly reminded himself, that it was his family and he'll be fine opening up.

"Also?" it was Yoongi who questioned, so curious.

"I-I.."

It'll be fine.

"I-It's"

You can do it.

"I'm pregnant,"