18. BFF

Owen POV

With my book in one hand and the other running through Knox's hair, i had a small smile on my face. Since i couldn't get past the page of my book, i put it down and looked at the sleeping boy laid on my lap. Knox had his cheek squished on my thighs adding to the cuteness of his face, his lips parted slightly, his snores light and cute with his eyelashes casting a small shadow on his cheeks.

One of his hands were rested on my upper thigh close to my arse with his other by his face. Knox let out a small groan pulling a face telling me he was starting to wake up. Something he's done his whole life that me and his mum laugh about every time it happens. His eyes slowly opened as he took in his surroundings then looking up at me with a small smile.

Knox sat up and stretched before picking me up from my comfortable swing to my bed. He laid me down before stripping to his boxers and laying next to me and closing his eyes again. Knox moved to lay his head on my chest and wrapping his arms around me. He grabbed my hand and put it to his hair where i started running my fingers through it making him let out a happy hum.

"I love you Owen. You're my BFF." A smile came on to his face.

"Yeah." I whispered and bit my bottom lip. "I l-love y-you to Knox, b-best fucking friends."

"Best fucking friends." He chuckled. I laid down to so i was level with Knox. My hand still in his hair gently scratching his head leaving him satisfied with the soothing feeling.

When i woke up i was laid on Knox's chest. I sat up stretching with a yawn, then looked over to a still sleeping Knox. I laid down again with my cheek on his chest taking what i could while i could get it without seeming like a clingy girlfriend. A sigh escaped my lips while i stared at my blank tv screen.

This was wrong but i can't seem to fight off my feelings for him. Even when he truly pisses me off he knows how to get me to forgive him, with his cute gestures and puppy eyes i can't say no to. Overall Knox has been the only one out of my family to stay by my side whenever i've needed him, and i've been there for him.

I guess i'm scared of what the outcome would be if i did tell him, i'm scared to lose my best friend if he finds out or i tell him i like him. If i ever lost Knox for good i have no idea what i would do.

"What are you thinking about?" That deep voice sounded sending a shiver down my back every time i hear it. Don't get me started on the morning voice.

"W-what?" I quickly sat up almost falling off the bed from the sudden noise of Knox. Before i could fall i caught myself as well as a hand wrapped around my wrist.

"Careful dipshit." Knox laughed at me while rubbing his eyes.

"S-sorry." I breathed out while pushing my fringe from my eyes. "You scared m-me."

"Sorry. You were just laid there for five minutes. What had this head going a million miles?" He chuckled.

"N-nothing." I smiled a little. "Y-you h-hungry?"

"Yeah i could eat. What you making?"

"Bacon s-sandwich?" I asked.

Knox nodded with a quiet yeah. I got up and went downstairs to the kitchen. Tristan and Lola were sat on the island watching something on one of their phones.

"Morning Owen? Who's this?" Lola smirked at me.

I looked behind me to see Knox stood there wearing his jeans without a t-shirt. "This i-is Knox." I rolled my eyes and got the pan and bacon to start cooking. "D-do you both w-want a b-bacon sandwich?"

"Yeah please." They both nodded.

"Did you tell him?" Tristan asked me. I shook my head not wanting to talk about it while Knox was here.

"Tell who what?" Knox spoke up.

"Owen's new girlfriend." Tristan instantly spat out, like he couldn't think of anything else to say.

"You have a girlfriend?" Knox and Lola both looked at me in surprise.

"Lost your virginity yet?" Knox smirked after a few seconds.

"N-no. A-and I-I don't have a g-girlfriend." I shook my head. Confusion came over Knox and Lola's face, until Tristan leaned over to Lola and whispered something in her ear. Her eyes widened making me giggle quietly to myself as i cooked.

"Ok, now i get why he doesn't want to say it." Lola mumbled to herself.

"Say what? Owen what aren't you telling me?" Knox looked at me.

"Who's not telling who what?" My dad walked in with a confused look as well as Knox.

"N-nothing." I shrugged while taking the bacon from the pan and putting it on a slice of bread then passing it to Lola.

"Xavier, Owen won't tell me whatever secret he has. Tris knows and so does his girlfriend. How does that make me feel? Like shit because when has me and Owen kept shit from each other."My best friend ranted.

"I g-got into the c-college i wanted t-to go to. There? Are y-you happy?" I lied to him.

"No i'm not happy. You know why i'm not happy? Because you're lying to me. Tristan's girlfriend here wouldn't have got that excited when he told her." Knox glared at me.

"F-fine. I'm j-just not ready to t-tell you yet, ok? So j-just drop i-it." I sighed. Knox nodded but i could still see that he didn't believe me.

"I'm just going to leave." My dad said awkwardly making Tristan and Lola laugh but Knox and i stayed silent.

The tension thick, i know sooner or later Knox will find out.