7. Can i stay with you

Knox POV

After the IT film ended, i was scared. I fucking hate horror films but for Owen i'd make myself sit through one any day. When we walked out of the cinema, it was dark outside so I stood as close as i could to Owen without letting him know i was scared. The quicker we got to his house the better, hopefully he'll let me stay the night and not make me walk home in the dark. 

"Why are you w-walking so c-close to me?" Owen looked up at me. 

"I thought you got scared so i'm only letting you know i'm here. Yeah, that." I nodded and mentally highfived myself. Owen nodded and rolled his eyes knowing i was bullshitting, yet he didn't let me hurt my pride so pretended to be scared. He came closer to me and walked right up by my side where i wrapped my arm around his waist trying hard not to squeeze him too tightly to let him know i was crapping myself. 

But with Owen i didn't have to pretend. He always knows what's on my mind, he knows when i lie and knows when i need something most, and at this moment i needed him which he knew and let me walk next to him while we silently agreed he was the 'scared' one when it was me. This is why Owen is my best friend and no one cant top him or take the title of BFF, best fucking friend. With me and Owen there is no best friend forever, it's best fucking friend because he is. 

I'll always have his back like i know he'll always have mine. Yet i've been the worst friend. I let my other friends pick on him for years and i didn't even notice it. He felt like he had to scream at me just so i got the message, and looking back now i can see all the signs that he was being bullied by them. Not wanting to sit with them, asking if he could go to the lunch line with me or lying he had to revise for our GCSEs. 

"I'm sorry Owen for not noticing sooner that the others were bullying you. I'm really sorry." I looked down at the smaller boy. His big doe eyes looking up at me as he nodded then looked back at the floor. 

"I know. It j-just hurt that you w-would believe a-anything they say, especially about m-me seeing as we've known e-each other l-longer than anyone we h-hang around with. Well, who you hang around with." Owen sighed. 

"You can still sit with me Owen, don't listen to them." I told him. 

"N-no, i think i-it's best if i s-stay with Tristan o-or sit in the l-library. We c-can s-still hang out after s-school or something." He shrugged. 

We stayed silent after that, the winter breeze blowing past us making Owen's hair flow in his face. "You need a haircut soon." I chuckled a little.

"I-I guess." He shrugged and leaned closer to me as another breeze came. I could only hold Owen with one arm seeing as i carried a bag full of junk food that we didn't eat throughout the films. And the fact i was hiding most of the time during IT. 

Soon enough, we got to the Matthews residence where Owen and i stood by the front door. It was late so everyone in the house was asleep, and the fact that all the lights were off. 

"Thanks f-for t-tonight." Owen smiled at me a little. 

"No problem, we should do it more often." I rubbed the back of my neck. 

"Why do you look so n-nervous? It was an a-actual d-date Knox." He laughed. 

"I know." I rolled my eyes. "I just don't want to go home." I mumbled. 

"What w-was that? Is t-the Knox Elias Barnes s-scared t-to walk home?" The little shit taunted me. 

"What? Me? Scared? Please." I scoffed. "Can i stay with you?"

"S-sure." Owen smiled and i could see him trying not to laugh. I rolled my eyes and followed him into the house and up to his room. We both got into pyjamas, i left some clothes and pyjamas here since this is literally my second home. 

While sitting on the bed on my phone, Owen came out of the bathroom with his usual pyjamas on. Fluffy Pyjama bottoms and one of my t-shirts, he told me since they are in his room he will wear all my clothes, and the fact he said all my clothes are more comfortable than his. 

"What?" Owen looked at me with a small laugh as he dried his hair with a towel. 

"Huh? What?" I frowned a little as to why he said that. 

"Your w-were staring at m-me." He rolled his eyes and sat down on his side of the bed. 

"Was i? Sorry i was thinking." I muttered out. 

"I-It's okay. N-night Knox." Owen laid down and pulled the covers over him while he laid facing away from me.  I put my phone on charge letting it sit on the bedside table while i got comfortable in the bed. He leaned over to turn the lamp off making my heart race as i looked around the room. 

I raised my arm putting it around Owen's waist trying to stop the shaking so he wouldn't know how much i was a pussy for being scared. 

"Why a-are y-you shaking?" Owen turned over and looked at me. 

"I'm not shaking." I stated trying to be confident but it came out weak and shaky.

"Okay w-whatever." He laughed and cuddled up to my chest. His cheek on my chest, i could feel the heat from his cheek since  i didn't have a t-shirt on. If i'm at home i sleep naked but since i'm not there i always wear pyjama trousers, common curtesy and all. And the fact his family will say stuff even though both Owen and i are straight. 

But why did my heart flutter every time i hugged him? Why do i get a whole fucking zoo in my belly whenever he smiles at me?