Don't Make Me Ask Twice

Magsimula sa umpisa

Shoving his hands in the pocket the agent then pointed to the file on the table. "But the strange thing is, there have been hundreds of clients although none of them claim to see the ring leaders face. The only thing I've gotten is they go by the alias "Valkyrie" and that they are extremely dangerous and feared across many gangs. That's all."

Hawks couldn't help but take in the information with interest. He had never heard of this Valkyrie person before but they did seem pretty dangerous. Although it wasn't really anything too special, just standard villain behavior. They kind of sounded like his dad and his past crimes actually.

Perhaps that's why the man felt a slight chill up his spine at the description, picturing his father force Hikari and him into these kinds of jobs all the time. He hoped whoever this person was, they would be caught quickly.

The president seemed to soak up the information before staring at the agent with narrowed eyes. "And you think this villain should move up on our profile list, is that it? If I do that, what actions are you going to take towards the case?"

Bowing in response, the agent replied. "I'm going to follow up on their other victims. Lucky for us, Valkyrie has never displayed the interest to kill, only to exploit, with severe beatings. Someone has to have seen their face."

The woman seemed satisfied enough with that, pushing the file closer to the man before snapping. "Then do it. That is all."

Nodding, the agent bowed once more before making his way out of the office, glancing at Hawks and giving him a nod as he went.

Sure, the case was interesting but that wasn't what he had come for.

Almost immediately, the president's ice cold voice cut through the space, making the bird flitch internally. "I expect you have some good news for me Hawks."

Feeling his defenses kick in, the bird threw up a sly smile in order to hide his own anxiety. "Ah, it's great to see ya too prez. How have you been? It's been a couple weeks, right?"

Although it seemed it was obvious that he didn't indeed have "good news", causing the woman to hiss back. "Hawks, now is not the time for idle chat. The fate of the hero world is in your hands so I expect you to tell me something positive. Unless you've been dragging your feet again.."

Widening his eyes, Hawks changed tactics quickly, the fear of getting kicked off this case and shunned in the forefront of his mind. "Ah well you see, Dabi's a hard nut to crack. I've been trying for months but he still won't trust me. He only gives me tasks to complete in order to get that trust but it seems nothing changes."

He was quickly cut off as the president slammed her hands on the table, causing Hawks to externally flitch this time. "He's playing you and you are falling for it like the idiot you are. Don't let him control the situation. That's not what I taught you Little Keigo.."

At the sound of his old name, the man felt a wave of manufactured shame build up into his throat before replying back softly. "No, but you have to know it's not that easy..."

Yet the president still wasn't pleased still. "Easy? I don't care if it's easy or not. I put you on this case because I thought you could handle it. The orders were to find out the league of villain and their plans in order to take them down from the inside, did you forget that as well?"

Recalling the mission at hand, Hawks replied. "No, I haven't but.."

Although only again he was cut off, the bird shutting his mouth as soon as the president's cruel voice returned.

"But nothing. I asked you to complete an order so you better start showing some progress or I will kick you off of this case and find someone far more capable instead. You do want to be a capable hero don't you?'