Chapter 8: Suspicion

Start from the beginning

Aphrodite: "I don't have to worry about family relation when I conduct my research~"

Connor: "For the last time, you're not researching me"

Aphrodite: "I will eventually~ it's only a matter of time"

I just sighed.

Connor: "Is this all you wanted to talk about? I thought you knew something about Duellum"

Aphrodite: "Of course"

Aphrodite pulled out a book from underneath her chair. The book had a weird symbol on it, almost identical to the one when I saw Apophis for the first time. It was the symbol in the sky that he came out of.

 It was the symbol in the sky that he came out of

Connor: "How many things are under that chair?!"

Aphrodite: "Wouldn't you like to know~"

She winked at me and opened the book.

Aphrodite: "Apophis has possessed many people over the ages. Mainly those who cause mass chaos and disorder. Since ancient Egypt, only 5 people have been possessed by him, making you the 6th"

Connor: "Who were the others?"

Aphrodite: "That, I do not know. However each of them have led a life of torment, a life of death"

Her words made me almost freak out.

Connor: "Y-You can't be serious!"

Aphrodite: "I am, however none of them were Demigods. You're the first demigod to ever be possessed by him. And consider yourself lucky, once they're possessed, they're usually killed right after. However you're still alive, likely because Apophis can't reach you here"

Connor: "So... I have to stay here for the rest of my life?!"

Aphrodite: "That, or we stop Apophis. However the latter seems highly unlikely"

Aphrodite stood up and went up behind me. She then started to massage my shoulders, which, even though I hate to admit it, felt really good.

Aphrodite: "I didn't mean to frighten you, sweetie"

She whispered in my ear, which made the hair on my neck stand up.

Aphrodite: "Maybe a little research will help you feel better~"

I quickly stood up.