"Damn Gunner, get a grip of yourself. She is out of your league, so don't even try," He whispered to himself, standing up and sitting down on the floor by the dogs. Thinking through what to do with his day, he decided to go out and train the dogs a bit. Maybe Wyatt is free to help. With that, he stood up and took the dogs down.

***

"So, what's up with you and Athena?" Wyatt asked when they stood by the shooting range. They had both been training the dogs and were at the moment practicing their shooting technique. The wind was strong today, making it harder to hear each other.

"Nothing really," Gunner said, firing a few shots before relaxing his arm and placing the gun down. He turned to Wyatt, who looked back at him with an eyebrow raised. Gunner rolls his eyes. Gunner knew that he wouldn't win this fight.

"Fine, I think she is attractive, but I know it won't be anything between us. I am too fucked up, and she will disappear as fast as Zeus gives her green lights," Gunner added. Wyatt walks over to the tall man and places his hand on his shoulder. Giving him the doctor's look, Gunner knew what was coming.

"You aren't fucked up. You need to process what happened to you. You can't let the fear consume you and hold you from someone you truly like," Wyatt said. Gunner shook his head, holding his hands up in the air, indicating him to stop.

"I never said anything about me liking her, only that she is very attractive. Honestly, I don't know if I want to get a woman right now. I have a great life," Gunner answered. Wyatt rolled his dark brown eyes and let a hand go through his half short dark hair.

"Sometimes, I don't understand you, Gunner. She is a total catch, and you treat it like something that would come over and over again in your life, a woman like that doesn't come around twice," Wyatt tells him, and Gunner groans lowly.

"You wouldn't understand it even if I spelled it out loud for you," Gunner said back. Wyatt turns to the shooting target and points his gun at it.

"I am just telling you to do what your heart tells you to. I want to see you be a happy man," Wyatt said before breathing out and firing at the moving target. Gunner watches his friend shot, thinking of what he had said to him. When Wyatt didn't have any bullets left, he put the gun down again and took out a bag with bullets from his jacket.

"I don't know if I am capable of loving Oak. After what my family did I have completely shut that sort of feeling out of my life," Gunner said. He leans against the table his gun was at with both hands on the end.

"Nonsense, you love your dogs and the mc. You just don't let yourself relax ever. You always have a backup plan if something happens. I am sure you already have a plan on what to do if the mc would turn its back on you," Wyatt responded. Gunner knew he was right. Ever since Gunner started to work and live with the mc he had saved up money in a bank account they don't know about. He had a backup plan to move up to Alaska and live in the mountains with his dogs if everything fucks up.

"Wyatt-" Gunner started, but he holds up his hand with a small smile.

"You don't need to say anything about it, at least kiss her and test it out. If it is only lust, then I will let it go," Gunner sight and take the bag with bullets and load his pistol. Pointing it at the target, he focuses back on the training.

Two hours later, Gunner sat by the bar with a beer in hand, speaking to Jeremiah. A few bikers had taken a pool table to the middle of the room and were now playing and laying bets. The other was already holding a siren while others socialized with each other. Victoria danced on the stage that still stood by a wall. Natasha was flirting with a biker in the corner. The air wasn't smelling like sweat yet, but everyone knew it wouldn't take too long before it would.