"These are for you," Alex shyly said. His cheeks were burning up. 

    The flowers were Daisies, one of my favorites.  I gently smiled at them. "Thank you, Lex,"

      My father cleared his throat, holding the door's knob in his hand. "Well, it's best if you guys don't be late," he said. "I'll see you guys later, it starts at seven correct, Laila?"

          I nodded my head and gave my dad the flowers to hold before grabbing Alex's hand and leaving out the door. "See you then, Dad!" I called. 

       Finally, we got in his car. Alex let out a huge sigh of relief and entered his car keys into the ignition. His muscles seem to have relaxed. 

        "It wasn't too bad, baby," I chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. It was clear that he was nervous about having to be in the same room as my dad. However, I saw it as simple progress. Derek had finally come around to accepting Alex and I's relationship, and it was about time that my dad did too.

    "It wasn't just that." he confessed.

    "Oh,"

      "Just graduation, there's so much to think about that I've been putting to the side. And now that I'm with you, I know things are going to be okay."  He delicately smile, his right hand slipped out of mine and reached to the stereo's controls, hitting the CD button.

        The music began to flow as we continued to drive down the road. The catchy beat and guitar rift hit my ears immediately, causing my jaw to drop at his choice of song. 

     "You're an idiot," I shook my head, turning the song up. 

    Only Alex would blast High School Never Ends by Bowling for Soup on our way to our graduation ceremony. 

       His wide smile brightened up the inside of the car. "What can I say? I have a pretty nice music selection." he responded.

      The song fitted perfectly into our situation. Both Alex and I couldn't resist singing along loudly and obnoxiously to the lyrics, which sadly were going to become our true story. High school never ends, and everyone will still be obsessed with each other afterwards. 

In a few minutes, we arrived and parked the car in the student parking lot. It was silent for the most part and I think both of us just knew; that this was it, there was no going back. We were saying good bye to our high school years, middle school hell, and short-lived elementary life.

       Alex and I walked hand in hand through the parking lot. The chattering of our peers filled our ears. The excited squeals of best friends, the nervous laughs, and the joyful and emotion-filled cries surrounded us. The atmosphere was nostalgic, reminding me of almost every memory I had stored in my mind, some of them included Alex. 

         It wasn't until an hour later, when the cafeteria was filled with the entire graduating class. It was nearly turning into a hotbox because of everyone's heavy breathing. I sat next to Alex, who was next to Jack and Brenna. Rian and Zack were running late.

        Jack had cleaned up nicely too. His skunk colored hair was slicked back neatly. He was also strangely quiet just like Alex, not a peep from the two who were usually the chattiest ones in the group.

         But at this point, it didn't matter. It was coming close to the time we had to walk down to the football field, where all of our names would be called and we'll get our diplomas one by one with family and friends watching closely in the bleachers.